correct position on offset dish bsc421 in lnb holder question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
canada
correct position on offset dish bsc241 in lnb holder question

I read here that its supposed to be positioned 90 degrees to a 12 oclock position or lnb cap. so that would make the 0-30 scale on the end at 3 or 9 oclock. Looking in the throat I see a horizontal and vertical antenna prongs. which is vertical? and which is horizontal ? antenna. One comes through the sealed case and the other comes off the side inside. So which is which? and if incorrect I read polarity is reversed? is the correct?

Some posts say place the lnb oriented with the rod that goes through the tube at the 3 to 9 oclock position when viewed from the horizontal plane.
Can we have a little tutorial on this by one of the experienced folks here on c band lnbs as it works on a mini bud.

Manufacture spec sheet has no documentation for installation.

and which side of the rod is the dielectric block placed for circular polarity if you had to use it?
thanks.

Last edited:
I attacked it like a ku lnb and set at the zenith , 12 oclock on bracket and lnb 0 scale at 12 oclock and set skew and focal, and it worked out , got 50 percent , will have to play with this more. I dont know enough about c lnbs, but was hoping to find some info on the antenna prongs inside and position as one is V or H and what makes them tick.
thanks for the reply.

i have been asking similar questions....from my research the big "post" inside the lnb should be horizontal, so basically going accross from 3 to 9 o'clock....if you are using a blind scan i dont think it would matter how you position the lnb because if you had it placed 90 degrees off then it would still work....the only difference would be all of the "H" TPs would scan in as "V" TPs and vise versa....

I had it right the first time and then changed it. BSC 421 is what I meant.
dyslexia I see I'm having. lol

zero scale on lnb should be at 3 or 9 o'clock of lnb holder, as you stated in your thread Iceberg.
thanks again.

yep. Should be at 3:00 or 9:00. Had one of those when I first started and figured that out.....the hard way ;)

I checked my tps that I scanned with lnb 0 at 12 oclock position, and the H and V jives with lyngsat. will go out and rotate 90 degrees when this weather improves and see what I get.
I work out of a cardboard box, when rain and snowing, so I dont get the receiver and tv fried and I'm standing in a puddle. hehehehehheehe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts