Cost of a second dish install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
Ok, I own a 622 and an 811. I sub to top 180, old HD pack and Starz. I am thinking of upgrading my programing to HD gold pack but I only have a superdish. How much would it cost me to get a 2nd dish installed to point at 61.5?
My other option would be to do the dish it up deal for $49.99 on my 811 and get a 211 and the dish install for free.
Which route do you think I should go.

Spatch said:
Ok, I own a 622 and an 811. I sub to top 180, old HD pack and Starz. I am thinking of upgrading my programing to HD gold pack but I only have a superdish. How much would it cost me to get a 2nd dish installed to point at 61.5?
My other option would be to do the dish it up deal for $49.99 on my 811 and get a 211 and the dish install for free.
Which route do you think I should go.

If an installer came out and installed your 622 and did not put up an additional dish then your upgrade was never completed and you can call dish out about that and get your second dish for 61.5/129 for free along with the required switch if one is needed.

If your in NE PA then you should have it pointed at 61.5 for best line of site and for stronger and considerably more reliable signal strength. For your locals in HD you should use an ota source to get all the sub channels that dish wont show.

Self install on the owned 622 ( I got a great deal ). I switched it out from a 522. I never had a 2nd dish installed since I had the old HD pack.
Now I am ready to upgrade to all of the new channels and want the best option. With the 811 upgrade to a 211 they will install the dish and switch for $49.99 but I will have a 18 month commitment and pay $5 lease fee.
If I just upgrade the dish and switch, I don't know the cost. I will still have a $5 or $6 extra reciever fee.
It looks like the DIU would be the best option but I really don't need another HD receiver. Although I guess I could view the HD channels downrezzed on my SD set.

OK You said that you have a superdish....why? Which channels did you need that dish for? Is it for 105 or 121?...I'm just trying to think of your cheapest solution

Get a dish 300 or 500 w DP LNB, point it at 61.5. Run cable to DP 34 Sw, unhook cable from 105 LNB and hook up cable from 61.5 dish.
Run SW test, your done

looks like my cheapest option is to... upgrade my 811 to a 211 for $49 have them install a dish for 61.5 then upgrade my programing to HD gold. My bill will only go up by $4 and I will be getting 20 more HD channels. Plus now I will get a $10 credit for 10 months.
Does anyone see a problem with this logic or am I missing something somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)