Cost to add new receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I have a 622 that is connected to several TVs in the house. I want to add a second receiver, probably a 211. I haven't checked the extra receiver fees in quite a while. How much will the monthly fee be for the extra receiver? If I purchase the extra receiver instead of lease, does it make a difference in the monthly cost? If I lease, do I have to make another commitment?

Hi, ronjohn, currently the additional receiver cost for the VIP211 receiver is $7.00 and the price doesn't change for leased or purchased. It is what Dish Network charges to send the programming to another receiver or outlet. If you choose to upgrade with us for another leased receiver, it will include a 24 month commitment. I always recommend if going this route with Dish Network, to be sure you have added the HD Free for Life, if not already done. The commitments can then run concurrently. If I can be of further assistance, just let me know!

What is the cost for breaking the commitment on just a 211k and returning it if I keep my service and my other receivers? Is it prorated?

Thanks

What is the cost for breaking the commitment on just a 211k and returning it if I keep my service and my other receivers? Is it prorated?

Thanks
To be 100% sure on this question I would need to look at the account. If I am reading your post correctly, the commitment is on DISH Network service, not the receiver. You can deactivate and return that receiver at no cost and no penalty, as long as the account stays active and has at least 1 active receiver. Your Welcome and have a great night!!

Thanks Mary. I will give a call to check on leasing. If I have to ave a commitment, I will probably just buy a 211. I have been with Dish almost 14 years and not planning to leave, but I don't like commitments.

If you are wired up for the new receiver,I would purchase it. If not,you will need a service
call,so I would just lease it! I just went through this. I wanted to add a 211k,and my room was wired for the 222 which I no longer needed. I asked Dish to send me the 211 and I would install it myself. I was told they could not do that. They had to upgrade my dish,so
I needed a tech. My dish is mounted on the roof,and the roof is covered with snow. I do not want anyone up there this time of year! It is a 3 story house.
I paid $100 shipped for the 211k brand new. Dish quoted me more than that for the unit and install! Plus,no 2 year contract. I am going to be leaving Dish this summer,if they don't
jump on the 3D wagon !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)