Cost to upgrade from VIP 622 to VIP 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I asked for an upgrade for my 311 to the 622 knowing they would probably show up with a 722, which they did. we agreed to 50.00 charge- no install- but when bill came online it was 100.00. One phone call and it was reduced to the 50.00.

Is the 722 that much better than the 622? Besides the outside color and the size of the hard drive, what's the diff?

It is believed that the ViP722 will be able to download HD VOD over the internet, whereas the ViP622, which was originally believed capable of doing so, will not.

It's a firmware problem. No s/w fix. Not likely to be a big problem- how widespread do you think internet downloading will be for HD, esp since it can be retrieved from satellite much quicker and with fewer ISP complaints?

There will probably be relatively few ViP622s in the system anyway.

Hello Don,

No surprise about the installer. I'm an installer with the more professional company, InstallPro. Understand what's happened here; it's the Free Market in action. Customer doesn't want to pay more than the bare minimum for an install, so Dish cuts and cuts the price and service offered, and squeezes our pay until we pop. Most of the good techs leave for better opportunities, and you are left with the hardly-functional kids. It's just the end result of our capitalistic system in action. Have a nice day!

One thing he was right about though; the SW64 can not do DisEqC signalling, which is needed for the separator to work. I don't know how many tuners you have, but the SW64 would still serve if you'd run another co-ax to the 722. Sounds like you already have two lines to the 622.

These days we install a 34 switch, which still can't pass DisEqC, but it can be cascaded to 8, 12, or 16 outputs. The 33 switch can pass DisEqC, but has only just come out. And the 44 can, but is expensive, requires power, and is mainly used for internationals + HD. (4 inputs)

Yeah, thanks for the comments. Here are some pictures of his work and a few after I spent an hour today cleaning up. I still don't understand why he stuck that splitter and fed back to the TV2 output on my 722. I didn't get a picture of the SW64 switch but you can see where it used to be next to the DirecTV switch box.

There are 2 cables for the DirecTV and 2 for the 622 (old) plus 2 for the New 722. These are white. I see the New LNB Dish PP has a place to connect the 61.5 Dish LNB andnow I only have a single feed to each of the Dish DVR's. There is a satellite splitter that came with the receivers now connected to each of the 622 and 722's sat inputs. Don't need the 3rd and 4th cable anymore so I put a cap on the arrester block to seal them off. I also used to have 2 more cables for a second HD receiver for DirecTV but these are also capped off. I also noticed none of the connectors were screwed on tight, Just one turn or so.

Attachments

• Dish Installers professional job.jpg
    Dish Installers professional job.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 213
  • DishRatsNest left by Pro Installer.jpg
    DishRatsNest left by Pro Installer.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 197
  • DishRatsNest left by Pro InstallerView2.jpg
    DishRatsNest left by Pro InstallerView2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Grounding Bock.jpg
    Grounding Bock.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Satellite Switches.jpg
    Satellite Switches.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 211
...whereas the ViP622, which was originally believed capable of doing so, will not.
The 622 never claimed to have the ability to do anything with HD VOD. When they 722 was announced/released, we heard the usual whining from some 622 owners about how deficient their receivers now were (once something better was out).

Yeah, thanks for the comments. Here are some pictures of his work and a few after I spent an hour today cleaning up. I still don't understand why he stuck that splitter and fed back to the TV2 output on my 722.
He didn't understand either...

My gosh, what a mess. The co-ax should have never, never been put through the roof, and ground blocks must never, never be mounted vertical. (rain) Over time this will corrode, get intermittent, and fail.

Don't worry, he'll get QCed sooner or later, and will get charged back $150 for each failure. However it won't fix the core cause.

The 622 never claimed to have the ability to do anything with HD VOD. When they 722 was announced/released, we heard the usual whining from some 622 owners about how deficient their receivers now were (once something better was out).

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I seem to remember the ViP622 was expected to be able to d/l HD VOD over the internet. It just didn't work out.

I was able to d/l the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics in HD via DishOnline with my 622. :D

I received my third 622 replacement receiver last week because the HDMI port keeps going bad. The service tech said this is an on going problem with the 622. He told me if this one goes bad, he will replace it with a 722 at no charge. I don't know if this is true, but I have his name and ID number.

I see that you live in Lexington, NC. I am a sub for dish in Greensboro. If you were to pay for a service call and when the tech arrives tell the tech that the receiver is bad. Make up something about it keeps freezing up or something like that then he would replace it with a 722 because there are no 622's available in this area.

I see that you live in Lexington, NC. I am a sub for dish in Greensboro. If you were to pay for a service call and when the tech arrives tell the tech that the receiver is bad. Make up something about it keeps freezing up or something like that then he would replace it with a 722 because there are no 622's available in this area.
Cool! Thanks, man! Do you work only in the G'boro area? If not, maybe you could swing by L'town....?;) I know the guy who brought my 622 and the guy who put up my 1000 were from G'boro. Thanks, again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts