Could be FIGHT OF THE YEAR: Cotto vs. Margarito!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
THIS is gonna be one hell of a fight!! I am VERY excited about the fact the Miguel Cotto is fighting all comers!

Monday, May 19 2008

Margarito vs. Cotto....a done deal!

WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and IBF welterweight champion Antonio 'The Tijuana Tornado' Margarito flank legendary Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum during a press conference for their upcoming welterweight championship showdown on July 26 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. The Top Rank promoted show billed as "The Battle" will be televised on HBO Pay-Per-View. "It's a very tough fight," stated Cotto, "but as has happened 32 previous times, I will have my arm raised and keep my championship." Margarito vowed "Mexico will have a new champion." Arum stated "This is a real fight between two fighters with a lot of dedication and I don't think I'd go wrong in saying that this will be one of the best fights in the history of this or any other division."
Monday, May 19 2008

Attachments

• cotto_margarito_mc.jpg
    cotto_margarito_mc.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 154
The worst thing that ever happened to boxing is PAY-PER-VIEW. $50-$60 per fight? Are you F**king kidding me? I just cannot get myself to pay for a fight that could last 3 minutes or end in a draw with the corrupt boxing judges. Should be a great fight though.

The worst thing that ever happened to boxing is PAY-PER-VIEW. $50-$60 per fight? Are you F**king kidding me? I just cannot get myself to pay for a fight that could last 3 minutes or end in a draw with the corrupt boxing judges. Should be a great fight though.

I agree 100%! Apparently, you and I are the ONLY fight fans here by all the snoring going on...;)

I agree with Pay-Per-View ruining boxing.

However when I did have HBO, I must admit that I enjoyed the Arturo Gatti vs. Irish Mickey Ward immensely. Those fights were intense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)