Could Discovery3D be launching on dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I have gotten word through some various production channels, that Discovery is working with Sony, and various other partners to produce and deliver content to discovery for a new 3d channel which is still in conception, but will launch soon. I certainly expect to see this on Directv, but with Sony's involvement in the project makes you wonder, if the announcements that include Sony's Fear net Channel, could include some sort of form of Discovery in 3D?

Only one can speculate! :)

A channel that is still in conception will not be launching soon.

Maybe they will develop QVC 3D. We can only speculate. Or, via further speculation, the TV Guide channel in 3D, they still show a guide on that channel right?

Of course, ultimately, the RSN's would have 3D, but not 24/7, just to piss off a couple subscribers.

So few people have 3D HDTVs, I doubt it is much of a priority. Although, with DISH...who knows?

How many people had HDTVs when Discovery launched DicoveryHD?

How many people then bought HDTVs after seeing DiscoveryHD at a friend's home?

3DTV adoption is following the same path HDTV adoption did. Fortunately, this time around, Dish will not have to replace receivers/satellites because 3DTV works with existing standards. That will speed things up considerably.

DirectTV and Comcast already offer 3DTV. If Dish wishes to remain competitive, they have no choice but to add 3DTV this year.

Ken McPherson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts