Status
Not open for further replies.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I usually never really post things of this nature but here goes:

Today for some reason I have been thinking about things. I had the news on and was seeing all these disturbing images of starving people, poor, sick, talk of wars, high oil and food prices, recessions and all the negative stuff that is happening right now.

I started praying for all of us especially the hurting and needy.
It makes me sad to see some of all these bad things that happen everyday.

Would all of you please say a prayer for Our Country, Our next President (that they have the guidance to make good decisions), people who have no food, who are ill, and who are so poor.

I believe it will make a difference. It will just take a moment.

Thank You all for listening.

Last edited:
The ironic thing is that a lot of this is to blame on the fact that a LOT of people are racing upwards out of poverty and grabbing up supplies at a pace faster than any other time in history....

China, India, and several other countries are seeing massive amounts of people climb out of poverty and into a burgeoning class of middle class level prosperity. The bad news is that capacity can't keep up with demand. Our gas consumption has actually fallen yet prices continue to go up as other countries eagerly gobble up more and more each day.

The US did extremely well because the markets seemed attuned to our moods. Prices fell when our demand fell, rose when it increased. Now there is a disconnect, exacerbated by a weak dollar. For example, thanks to the fact that our goods have become so cheap, we have become a net wheat importer since most of our wheat has been gobbled up on the cheap from overseas...

The only solution is too find a way to ramp up supply, but there is a limited amount of land available, and productivity gains have begun to finally peter out, so that won't save us anymore.

The next decade is looking to be pretty rough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts