Could I use a Phase III DirecTV dish?

I

igator99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
569
0
Could I use a Phase III DirecTV dish to hit 101,110 & 119 with a Dishnetwork reciver?
I also have a 1998 dual lnb DirecTV dish that I was thinking I could use to hit 129 or 61.5? I'm sure the answer is no but I thought I would ask.
 
miguelaqui

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 14, 2004
1,002
27
igator99 said:
Could I use a Phase III DirecTV dish to hit 101,110 & 119 with a Dishnetwork reciver?
I also have a 1998 dual lnb DirecTV dish that I was thinking I could use to hit 129 or 61.5? I'm sure the answer is no but I thought I would ask.

The Phase II will not worl...I'm not getting into why. ...somebody's going to say that I'm wrong, you can use it and give some complicated way...but, I bet you're asking if you can use it for 1119/110, like it works for DTV, and the answer is NO.

The dual LNB you have will work as a "legacy" LNB...it could be used to combine 129 "legacy" style with a SW64, a Dish 500, and 2 more legacy dual LNBs and a Dish 500.
 
I

igator99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
569
0
miguelaqui said:
The Phase II will not worl...I'm not getting into why. ...somebody's going to say that I'm wrong, you can use it and give some complicated way...but, I bet you're asking if you can use it for 1119/110, like it works for DTV, and the answer is NO.

The dual LNB you have will work as a "legacy" LNB...it could be used to combine 129 "legacy" style with a SW64, a Dish 500, and 2 more legacy dual LNBs and a Dish 500.


That's what I figured. Thank you for the information.
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
372
103
Mankato, MN
The Phase III won't work for Dish Network due to the built in switch which Dish uses different switching than DirecTV does :)
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
The phase 3 will work with one orbital slot only with Directv and Dish Network. You have to use the first input on the lnbf but cannot be connected to switches to work with other dishes and you can only get it to work with one receiver/ one tuner, is that correct?
 
SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
5,692
3
Florissant, CO
Stargazer said:
The phase 3 will work with one orbital slot only with Directv and Dish Network. You have to use the first input on the lnbf but cannot be connected to switches to work with other dishes and you can only get it to work with one receiver/ one tuner, is that correct?
Unh. Maybe, but it's just going to be a lot of trouble.

LNBs and pans (D* or E*) just aren't that expensive most of the time. Maybe you can make a swap deal with someone. I know I wouldn't have a problem giving someone a D500 with a Twin in trade for a Phase III (maybe plus $10 for the trouble).
 

Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top