Could this replace FTV?

So long as this does not add any additional costs to any tier of programming.

We are a movie and news only household. Watching approximately 6 channels out of the hundreds included in our America's everything package, we cannot lower the package because we would loose at least one, if not two, of the channels.

We don't watch the super-compressed wrongly formatted locals because they look like CRAP!

We have never turned on a single sporting event.

We NEVER run pay-per-view - they are locked out because we set a budget for everything and they are not included in the budget. We do PURCHASE Blu-Ray on the movies we collect and more than 95% of them had their first-run release prior to 1969.

Our primary channel of choice is TCM HD - on 132.

We have ZERO interest in 3D programming!

GIVE US ALA-CART TV CAPABILITY!

Other opinion on desired content may vary from ours, but we are simply tired of paying for the content wanted by others - ESPECIALLY THE OVERPRICED SPORTS AND PREMIUM PRICES CHARGED TO THE CARRIERS FOR SPECIALTY CHANNELS LIKE THOSE WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN 3D.

Pondering whether there will be a "3d Platinum" slot of channels... err... once there are enough channels to have a slot of them.
So long as this does not add any additional costs to any tier of programming.

We are a movie and news only household. Watching approximately 6 channels out of the hundreds included in our America's everything package, we cannot lower the package because we would loose at least one, if not two, of the channels.

We don't watch the super-compressed wrongly formatted locals because they look like CRAP!

We have never turned on a single sporting event.

We NEVER run pay-per-view - they are locked out because we set a budget for everything and they are not included in the budget. We do PURCHASE Blu-Ray on the movies we collect and more than 95% of them had their first-run release prior to 1969.

Our primary channel of choice is TCM HD - on 132.

We have ZERO interest in 3D programming!

GIVE US ALA-CART TV CAPABILITY!

Other opinion on desired content may vary from ours, but we are simply tired of paying for the content wanted by others - ESPECIALLY THE OVERPRICED SPORTS AND PREMIUM PRICES CHARGED TO THE CARRIERS FOR SPECIALTY CHANNELS LIKE THOSE WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN 3D.
Can someone help me hoist the thread back onto its tracks?

As you might know DISH Network removed Fashion TV HD from its lineup... but could this channel replace FTV on DISH Network?

Fashion One 3D - 24/7 Fashion TV & Entertainment - Splash

DISH did say at Team Summit that Linear 3D programming was coming this fall...

FTV was eye candy: pretty girls in zany costumes, hairstyles, and makeup you'd never in a milion years see in Portland, Oregon, carried in razor-sharp HD. My wife and I enjoyed watching it for laughs. Unlike Chicago Tech, we watch lots of different channels -- that's what we like about Dish.

We don't have 3D capability on our set, but it was nice to know that Dish had a 3D channel offering available when we buy our next TV.

So, the answer to your question is, it depends ... depends on whether the HD quality measures up to FTV (few channels do), and depends on whether the fashions are 'fun' .

We aren't really interested in fashions, we just want to be entertained. FTV made us laugh, and we miss it.

It has been my observation that models tend to be two dimensional at best.

I'm thinking Runway TV has a better chance (but I'd prefer FTV).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)