County is E-Arc, Zip is W-Arc

Rustymccheese

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
United States
I havent been able to determine whether or not a customers Zipcode, or County determines what Dish they should have for satellite signal. My largest issue is that my county, Braxton WV is on the E-Arc but my postal address is 26639, which is part of a town in another county. It wouldn't be a real issue except when it comes to LOCAL channels. With me being on the W-Arc, my locals come from the Clarksburg area, and are all in NON-HD. The E-Arc is in all HD and actually closer to where I live.

I would just really like to fix having to use to W-Arc, getting locals that aren't very local, and having a great feature on my Hopper system be unusable simply because the zipcode I have comes from another county.

I havent been able to determine whether or not a customers Zipcode, or County determines what Dish they should have for satellite signal. My largest issue is that my county, Braxton WV is on the E-Arc but my postal address is 26639, which is part of a town in another county. It wouldn't be a real issue except when it comes to LOCAL channels. With me being on the W-Arc, my locals come from the Clarksburg area, and are all in NON-HD. The E-Arc is in all HD and actually closer to where I live.

I would just really like to fix having to use to W-Arc, getting locals that aren't very local, and having a great feature on my Hopper system be unusable simply because the zipcode I have comes from another county.
Why don't you just contact a local Dish installer and ask for a EA dish?

I checked your ZIP using Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and it looks like you could use either WA or EA. For example, at ZIP 26639 WA sat 110 needs an elevation of 36 degrees and EA sat 61.5 needs 41 degrees. A horse a piece.

A location's arc is determined by it's locals. If you don't like what Dish is telling what you get, you're pretty much stuck as they were determined by Nielson and backed up by the FCC. Your option to getting a different set may be if you can get the OTA from the dma you believe you should be getting. Otherwise, you should research "Moving".

Thanks for the information so far. I actually have a dish tech coming out here on Wed because my Hopper this week has started loosing all signal unless I do a full reset (unplug and wait) Ill talk with him about what I need to do to get an EA dish, I just want to be as informed as possible. Its quite confusing if its my Zipcode or the County I live in that determines my locals.

Ive looked into the "moving" aspect of things, just seems like I shouldn't have to do that in my situation.