Coupling 1000.2 and 1000.4 Dishes...Possible?

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Does anyone know yet whether it is possible to couple an EA 1000.4 dish to a WA(?) 1000.2 dish input that is looking at 110, 119 and 129 and thus have a total of six satellites into the internal switch matrix without adding an external switch? Thanks.

Does anyone know yet whether it is possible to couple an EA 1000.4 dish to a WA(?) 1000.2 dish input that is looking at 110, 119 and 129 and thus have a total of six satellites into the internal switch matrix without adding an external switch? Thanks.

havent seen anything in print yet but based upon my technical experiance, im thinking you are not going to be run a 1000.2 switch into the in port of a 1000.4 dish. or vice versus. each dish is designed for 4 sat locations only max.

we are waiting to see what the dish engineering techies have to say in the near future.

Thanks for the reply. Since there is a four satellite maximum on the 1000.2 dish, would it be possible to connect both dishes through a DPP44 switch and achieve receiving all six satellites?

probably because dish shuffles and moves programming around from satellite to satellite - so much so - it'll make your head spin and if this would work you wouldn't have to constantly change or add to your dish arrangement - I'm one of those that would like to do this also and have been curious if this might be in the works

I think Direct is up to 5. I've been digging also and have not seen any multiswitches that support over 4 either, don't know if the current version of Disq supports more than 4.

Think about what may need to happen when running an EA dish into the input of a 1000.2. The d1k2 has 3 outputs that can support 3 dual-tuner receivers by way of DishPro Plus selective stacking (one requested channel goes to the low range, the other from the same or a different satellite goes to the high range). The EA also has DPP outputs, so 2 channels can go on the line running into the d1k2. How can more than 2 tuners at a time of the potential 6 attached to the d1k2 have access to the EA? And no, AFAIK you can't get 2, only 1.

You can have 5 with a DPP44/DP21 cascade but won't be able to use the Separator with a dual-tuner receiver because the DP21 isn't a Plus switch. So, a DP21 and extra line for each tuner.

All of the cascade solutions for adding an additional satellite (just one) have the output of a 2- 3- or 4-satellite switch running into an SW21 (legacy) or DP21 (DishPro).

there really is no point in doing this, since the combination of 61.5 72.7 and 77 house the exact same channels as 110, 129, and 119 so between the two dishes you are getting the same thing the only difference is dish networks 1000.4 is a mpeg4 encoded dish and the 1000.2 is mpeg2 for the older receivers. If you are looking for more channels i would get the 1000+ and add the 118.7 satellite which is mostly international channels, but it has some other junk on it. You can trunk the dp44 switches together but mainly for the use of having more than four outputs. I have never seen them put together in a manner like that, and im not sure it would work because the receivers only look for four orbital inputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts