Court Orders Lifetime to Produce Dish Papers

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
From Multichannel News:

A court issued an order Thursday directing Lifetime Television to produce a host of documents relating to its negotiations to secure a carriage deal with EchoStar Communications’ Dish Network earlier this year.

Lifetime must supply the materials as part of the breach-of-contract suit DirecTV filed against it in the spring. DirecTV alleged that Lifetime reneged on an agreement to pay Dish subscribers $200 to switch to DirecTV during a period in January when the women’s network had been dropped from Dish’s lineup.

Lifetime denied that there was any breach.

The order, from the U.S. District Court, said Lifetime must produce papers including those relating to negotiations and communications for EchoStar’s carriage of Lifetime channels and Hearst TV stations, the programmer’s corporate sibling, as well as “contracts with distributors who have an equal or lesser number of Lifetime subscribers than DirecTV … and the related monthly subscriber-billing reports and notice documents regarding MFN [most-favored-nations] obligations.”

Perhaps we might get an insight now on how Charlie does his negotiating (as if we dont already know)

nitstalker said:
From Multichannel News:

A court issued an order Thursday directing Lifetime Television to produce a host of documents relating to its negotiations to secure a carriage deal with EchoStar Communications’ Dish Network earlier this year.

L/QUOTE]

They deserve this--they seemed to have dropped Unsolved Mysteries and so I could care less about them anymore after that. I emailed them as to why and have received no answer. That's the only intelligent programming they had--

bookwalk said:
nitstalker said:
From Multichannel News:

L/QUOTE]

They deserve this--they seemed to have dropped Unsolved Mysteries and so I could care less about them anymore after that. I emailed them as to why and have received no answer. That's the only intelligent programming they had--
At least Dish/Echostar is not the one being sued here. They have been losing a lot lately.

tnsprin said:
bookwalk said:
At least Dish/Echostar is not the one being sued here. They have been losing a lot lately.

At least not YET! It wouldn't surprise me if this is some kind of fishing expedition that will ultimately end up with E* somehow being named. It's interesting just about every suit that E* is involved in has some kind of tie back to Rupert Murdoch (Fox holding out on the DN settlement, D* licensing TiVO indirectly allowing TiVO to continue it's legal fight with E*, now the Lifetime suit). I'm beginning to think this is personal between Rupert and Charlie.

that is why charlie has be best and most advanced system between dish and Direct. It takes alot to go from what the two guys started with to what they have now and it definatley is not a lack of intelligence or greed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts