Cowboys and Aliens movie removed from TBS!

themanager

Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I found Men in Black 3 movie would be shown on TBS on Sunday, August 12 @10:15. I scheduled the timer and all was well? Today, I noticed today it was no longer on my timer schedule or on the guide! TBS or Dish removed the movie. What's up?

My goof on the title!!! A senior moment I guess.... Cowboys and Aliens movie will be on Cinemax next week

Last edited:
DISH just airs what the programmer sends them (in this case TBS) so if the show has been removed then it was TBS who removed it.

The same movie that has been in the schedule still is. It's Men In Black II, not III. Doubtful III has made it to TBS yet.

Last edited:
Sometimes typographical errors such as that are made in the schedules. It was never actually going to air, too soon to air on basic cable.

Thanks for your replies! It was being shown as "Men In Black 3" not III. I found it online at LocateTV.com. I went to the Dish schedule and there it was, so I set the timer and all seemed well. Then yesterday it was taken away. I have seen this happen before, just after being in theaters, but before pay-per-view. I recently found a Morgan Freeman movie "The Magic of Belle Isle" on HBO before it was on the pay channels. It will be shown later, so I will just have to be patient.

HBO is far in a different league than TBS for movies. It would be extremely rare, and would have to be a flop to be on TBS that soon. On HBO, for sure it could get there quickly.
I can't remember when it was exactly, but at about 7 or 8 days out on my guide it said II. (Not 2 III or 3) We were looking to see if we needed to rent a movie for kids my wife is watching or if there was something good on TV.

Thanks for your replies! It was being shown as "Men In Black 3" not III. I found it online at LocateTV.com. I went to the Dish schedule and there it was, so I set the timer and all seemed well. Then yesterday it was taken away. I have seen this happen before, just after being in theaters, but before pay-per-view. I recently found a Morgan Freeman movie "The Magic of Belle Isle" on HBO before it was on the pay channels. It will be shown later, so I will just have to be patient.

That movie was on hdnet movies.
Magnolia Pictures Sneak Previews - THE MAGIC OF BELLE ISLE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)