Cox Cable In Las Vegas Sucks

CoxDigitalCableSucks

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
We upgraded to digital cable a long time ago and we have nothing but problems. We call service for help but the problems NEVER get resolved. We cannot even access the Enterntainment On Demand channel to select a movie!!! This has been going on since we got digital cable. I am astonished that Cox can offer a service and then not resolve tech support issues. We are giving Cox one more chance to fix this. If they cannot fix the problem we will cancel Digital Cable and get satellite. Since the HSI aspect of Cox kicks butt, we will keep it but Cox Digital CAble(TV) will, more than likely, be history.

FYI, this is Cox/Las Vegas I'm referring to.

CoxDigitalCableSucks said:
We upgraded to digital cable a long time ago and we have nothing but problems. We call service for help but the problems NEVER get resolved. We cannot even access the Enterntainment On Demand channel to select a movie!!! This has been going on since we got digital cable. I am astonished that Cox can offer a service and then not resolve tech support issues. We are giving Cox one more chance to fix this. If they cannot fix the problem we will cancel Digital Cable and get satellite. Since the HSI aspect of Cox kicks butt, we will keep it but Cox Digital CAble(TV) will, more than likely, be history.

FYI, this is Cox/Las Vegas I'm referring to.

I found this post by googling for "Cox Cable In Las Vegas Sucks"! I too recently moved to Las Vegas from Los Angeles and I am not happy with the quality of Cox Cable TV service or the expensive start-up costs.

The digital TV service pixelates and the audio and video freezes occasionally. Almost every single morning at least one of the news channels is totally blacked out. Usually the audio or video will have minor problems before they read thru all the headlines! When there is picture there are random horizontal bars and audio ticks, like it's a very poor signal quality. Also channels seem to take a while to load.. Actually just about all the functions and UIs seem to take a while to run, like it's all ran off a slow overloaded webserver thru a dialup aol connection. :(. The cable box has also stopped displaying certain details (info, guide, etc) for all channels on one occasion, it needed a reboot to fix itself.

As mentioned above the high speed internet is okay, I get steady 5Mb -- WHEN IT'S CONNECTED! My cable modem will often disconnect for a few minutes between 9pm and 4am, sometimes power cycle fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. Pretty annoying no matter what you're doing: listening to streaming music, playing a game or terminal servicing into a remote server! This is pretty much a DAILY occurance!

I live in the far North/west area near 95 and Durango in a 1.5 year old house/subdivision. Wiring in the house is brand new, coax connectors were installed and tested by Cox technicians. Problems still haven't been resolved, and now I see I'm not the only one, hmmmmmm.

I'm sure there are some satisfied Cox customers out there, but I'm not one of them. If you are reading this because you too have problems with Cox Las Vegas, please take a few minutes to register on this site to share your opinion and experiences with Cox Las Vegas! Assuredly, you're not the only one who is unhappy with their service!!!

I too give Cox Las Vegas the thumbs down! :down