Cox cable raises internet prices again.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I just received my Cox bill and they raised my bill $2 to $79.99. That is the third time since Jan 2016 that they have raised my internet bill. They just slip in a slight increase hoping nobody will notice. I am now paying twice as much as I pay Dish for tv. I might as well bundle with Coc and save a fortune for two years and then switch back to Dish or maybe bundle with ATT and dump both Cox and Dish, but I have too many movies recorded on my dvr.

It takes several 2.5% increases to amount to much. If they only come every nine months, that's an annual rate of 3.75%. My local Comcast rates went up around 4.1% on October 1st -- just ten months after the previous hop.

We're all being abused at a rate much higher than that of inflation (~2.2% annually).

I just received my Cox bill and they raised my bill $2 to $79.99. That is the third time since Jan 2016 that they have raised my internet bill. They just slip in a slight increase hoping nobody will notice. I am now paying twice as much as I pay Dish for tv. I might as well bundle with Coc and save a fortune for two years and then switch back to Dish or maybe bundle with ATT and dump both Cox and Dish, but I have too many movies recorded on my dvr.

That's what I did a little over a year ago, since I already had a Tivo. No equipment fees other than $1.99 for a cable card. Cox was already $81.99 for Premier Internet and I was paying around $95 to Dish with AT 200 and 722/211 fees. Bundled both Preferred Internet and Advanced TV for $109 for first year and $129 the second year. Only lost 1 channel (DIYnet) that I watched. Even at normal price it's still cheaper than paying Dish/Cox separately without dropping to just basic services from both. Losing the equipment fees which I had already recouped on the cost of the Tivo's is the big difference

I have heard people interperet this 2 different ways. First is like this, where it is cheaper to bundle with cable since you get internet and cable at a reduced price for a set amount of time. Then I read where people make the argument that you would more than likely have internet service if you dropped say the video portion of cable and either just went with antenna or something like Sling TV or DirectvNow on a lower package, but even then you might lose certain channels that are important to you or others in the family. I don't know who's correct as if you pay separately you still end up paying as much or a little more for both.

My Cox internet bill has gone up $10 since fall 2016. It went up $5 with November's bill. I'm seriously looking at AT&T, which now has fiber on my street. They're offering some really good deals for first-time customers. But for the speed I have, I will be paying the same, $80, after the initial 12-month promo offer is up. So I haven't decided if it's worth the hassle yet.

Call to cancel and see if their retention gives u a better deal or sign up under a different family member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)