Cox Communications will no long carry the local ABCHD

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Cox Communications will no long carry the local ABC affiliate’s digital high definition signal.
Negotiations between Cox and Hearst-Argyle Television Inc., the parent company of KHBS / KHOG Channel 40 / 29, ended Monday. Cox will, however, continue carrying the analog signal of the channel.

http://nwanews.com/nwat/News/45532/

:confused: Hmmm.....Cox will not carry ABC in NYC? I didn't know of a KHOG in NYC - and didn't know Cox had a cable system in NYC

H-A owns the ABC affiliate in OKC (KOCO) too, and Sinclair owns the FOX station (KOKH). Cox doesn't carry either one in digital now. Hooray for OTA!

You guys are lucky you have OTA to fall back on. Cox dropped the H-A chanel in New Orleans, the NBC affiliate. The OTA signal has been down since hurricane Katrina, and won't be back untill some time in the later half of 2007. So, no more NBC-HD. Oh, and by the way, a good many people have tried to get waivers so they could get a distant signal from D tv or Dish net. But H-A has dug in their heals and said NO to all comers.

But all is not lost. Cox is now giving A&E HD instead on that chanel.

Hooray, hooray!

The could have given us somthing like NFL-HD, but no!

Don H.

wtkflhn said:
You guys are lucky you have OTA to fall back on. Cox dropped the H-A chanel in New Orleans, the NBC affiliate. The OTA signal has been down since hurricane Katrina, and won't be back untill some time in the later half of 2007. So, no more NBC-HD. Oh, and by the way, a good many people have tried to get waivers so they could get a distant signal from D tv or Dish net. But H-A has dug in their heals and said NO to all comers.

But all is not lost. Cox is now giving A&E HD instead on that chanel.

Hooray, hooray!

The could have given us somthing like NFL-HD, but no!

Don H.

Be creative... get Dish and "move".

Cox does wonders in Tucson as well. We get CBS, WB and PBS. No agreement with Fox, NBC or ABC. Good to have OTA here as well.

We get NBC & ABC here in RI, but no Fox or CBS since Cox & LIN Broadcasting can't come to an agreement. Good OTA but the big disadvantage is not being able to record it.

Getting all the big nets in HD from Cox in Phoenix. Doens't make much difference to me other than for fail-over since I record the nets from off-air ATSC on the Tivo.

Cox down here in New Orleans has been fighting with just about everyone it seems and that is the reason I left them.

Enjoyed their service though but the fighting with ESPN and whatnot got to me