Cracked LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chazcbh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Has anybody had a problem with the AT9 dish and a cracked LNB? It is the only think I can figure happened. On Friday 4/14 is was raining most of the day and all of a sudden I lost singal on most of the 101 transponders. They were in the 90's and they went into the 20's or zero. Searching for sat on several stations. All HD still worked and some movies. All locals also worked.

Called DTV they will be here Monday morning.

On Sat 4/15 it was sunny & 80 and the signals started to return and all stations are back on???

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

chazcbh said:
Has anybody had a problem with the AT9 dish and a cracked LNB? It is the only think I can figure happened. On Friday 4/14 is was raining most of the day and all of a sudden I lost singal on most of the 101 transponders. They were in the 90's and they went into the 20's or zero. Searching for sat on several stations. All HD still worked and some movies. All locals also worked.

Called DTV they will be here Monday morning.

On Sat 4/15 it was sunny & 80 and the signals started to return and all stations are back on???

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Not necessarily a cracked LNB. I've seen many cases where moisture will get into the connections of the LNB, and cause - for want of a better term - a short.

Either way, the tech will probably replace the LNB. :D

Well there was nothing wrong with the LNB the Dish just moved out of alignment.

Some how the one of the support bars came loose and the dish moved down a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts