crank up dish problem

jjjonz

Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
crank up dish problem.....problem solved!!!!!

:)I have a crank up winegard dish with a single LNB that I have had for about 5 years om my motorhome,and Dish network for about 10 years.My problem started when Dish network upgraded me from dish 300 to dish 500 a couple of years ago.When they upgraded They gave me a 311 receiver to replace my old 301 receiver.When I would take a trip I take my receiver with me.The old 301 worked great,but when I got upgraded to dish 500 and the311 it was hard to find the satelitte,but I could get it to work.To make things worse I cut off my 311 and got a 322 dual receiver,So we could watch from living or bedroom in our house.It would take about 30 minutes to get sat.So I thought I would have the 311n turned back on for the motorhome only.When I had it set back up I was in the house on the dis 500.Now I can't get a signal at all in the motorhome.the dish works great in the house on the 500 dish,but won.t work in the motorhome on the crank up.Iwould leave the coax from the dish and hit test and it would go through all 38 steps,but it won't work.Ieven tried a portable dish and new coax.
Sorry to be so lenghthy......thanks jj

I CALLED ONE MORE TIME LAST NIGHT TO GET HELP FROM DISH NETWORK AND GOT SOMEONE THAT COILD HELP.After about 45 minutes he nailed it.Somthing so obvious,but not to me.The problem was when I took the reciever from the house to the motorhome I couln't get the information to clear when I would test.He told me after the 38 step test was run to hit save and it would clear everything.It did!I have had problems for about 2 years and finally problem solved.
So when you move from a onedish set to another,like mine,a 500 to a 300 RUN THE 38 STEP TEST AND THEN HIT SAVE INSTEAD OF COUNCEL.
Thanks again and I hope my problem will help someone else...........JJ:)

Last edited:
unplug all the satellite connections and run the check switch. That way it will clear the switch matrix. Then hook it back up in the rv and try again. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)