Crazy 322 Receiver

waldopepr

Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
I posted the following a week ago but haven't had much response. Now I have found that the box works perfectly on TV2 even though the cable to TV2 is disconnected. If I turn the TV on to TV1 I have to go through the point dish and change it to TV1 and go through all the setup stuff and finding the satellites, etc. But you can turn on the TV and put it to TV2 and it comes on already getting a good signal, etc. The cable to TV2 is totally disconnected from the receiver! Makes no sense to me. Hope someone can make sense of this. I don't want to have to pay $49 an hour to find out I have to pay for a new receiver. Does anyone know if the new deal they have for existing customers to upgrade a receiver comes with a new contract? It used to say it did on their website. Now there is no mention of a new contract.

Earlier posting:
I have a 322 receiver with both TV1 and TV2 hooked to the same TV that has PIP. System is 2 DishPro 500 dishes, one with Twin the other a Dual with a DP34 switch to this 322 receiver and 2 311 receivers. A couple days ago it started popping up that there was a problem with my switch configuration and one of the 322 tuners wouldn't configure right. I switched some of the lines at the switch and the other receivers still worked right so I assumed it wasn't the switch. The one line wouldn't get the right satellites no matter where it was connected so I am figuring it is in this line. It gathered the right info for #1 but #2 instead of listing the DP34 says DP feed. So I disconnected #2 and configured #1. It worked fine. Everytime I shut off the box and turn it back on I have a black screen and have to go back through and reconfigure #1. It comes on configured to #2! I have to go through the Point Dish and put it back on #1. Any ideas? Has the box gone crazy?? All the other receivers in the house work fine.

I actually fixed it!! I disconnected EVERY cable coming out of the satellites, going into the switch and coming out of the switch and going into the receivers. I have no idea what this did, but it fixed it. I reversed the 2 cables coming from the twin lnb and switched all the cables going to the receivers to a different port, hooked everything back up and ran the check switch and everything works perfectly again!! Weird! I still don't understand how TV2 was working with the cable disconnected!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts