Crazy 721 timer problem

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Wanted to record a movie on TCM the other night, and I was a couple of minutes into it, so I pressed the record button and up popped several options about the timer. I picked "Record entire event" and entered it, and it started recording. Next morning I go into the family room and the record light is still on. I'm wondering if I have something I'm recording off another timer that fired, but I decide for some goofy reason to open up the PVR screen and see what's being recorded. Well, it's a movie that's now 10 hours long! The name of the event is, interestingly enough, not the original movie I wanted to record, but the current one 10 hours later. Not only had the timer never turned off, but when I pulled up the EPG for that station, their was a red timer icon on every show moving forward for all 9 days!!!!! If I'd been out of town this crazy timer glitch would have recorded over every movie I have on my PVR--70 hours' worth!!! Anybody else see this problem, and more importantly, does Dish know about it?

It has happened to me before. I got lucky and realized it 2 hours later.
dish probably knows about it and they probably don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)