Crazy Request: Satellite Pictures? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2006
330
0
Marietta,GA
I know this sounds totally nutty (and it is) but I'd be interested in seeing what these birds we love to receive from look like. Any ideas where to look? I've went to the intelsat americas website and didn't have much luck. I found a bunch of pictures of the DirecTV and Echostar sats...
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2006
330
0
Marietta,GA
Yeah thats neat, I bet its neat living in Equador if you're into FTA. Seems as though while you'd have to almost point the dish straight up, it would be a pretty strong signal.

This isn't what I was looking for, but I had a crazy urge to see some teleports... So here are mostly Panamsat teleports, one is only 30 miles away from me (road trip?).

Also, I took a bird eye view (ala live.com) of a very small local cable affiliate. I like their boomerang looking giant dish they have. I see it all the time as I pass by the local city police dept.
 

Attachments

  • acworth.jpg
    acworth.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 186
  • panamsat_atl.jpg
    panamsat_atl.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 142
  • panamsat_cali.jpg
    panamsat_cali.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 179
  • panamsat_co.jpg
    panamsat_co.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 164
  • panamsat_napa.jpg
    panamsat_napa.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 177
  • panamsat_ny.jpg
    panamsat_ny.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 168
  • telestar_ca.jpg
    telestar_ca.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Ziploc

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 9, 2004
45
0
I'm pretty sure This is Dish Network's facility in Gilbert AZ.
 

Attachments

  • satviewssat.JPG
    satviewssat.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 169

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
14,190
2
Louisiana
Optical Serenity said:
I like those half dish things...wonder why they use those instead of the full dish?

I forgot the real name of them, but I remember a website being posted here with the company that specializes in them. I toured a facility at KPLC and they had one. Lots of LNBS on that dish! Works great if you low on space like this place was.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali
Optical Serenity said:
Yeah thats neat, I bet its neat living in Equador if you're into FTA. Seems as though while you'd have to almost point the dish straight up, it would be a pretty strong signal.

This isn't what I was looking for, but I had a crazy urge to see some teleports... So here are mostly Panamsat teleports, one is only 30 miles away from me (road trip?).

Also, I took a bird eye view (ala live.com) of a very small local cable affiliate. I like their boomerang looking giant dish they have. I see it all the time as I pass by the local city police dept.

Where did you pull these photo's? The one of Napa is a bit old...We have added a 13m just south of the second building for FAA...
 
Last edited:

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali
digiblur said:
I forgot the real name of them, but I remember a website being posted here with the company that specializes in them. I toured a facility at KPLC and they had one. Lots of LNBS on that dish! Works great if you low on space like this place was.

Those are Simulsats....web link to ATCI:

http://www.atci.com/
 

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali
Optical Serenity said:
I like those half dish things...wonder why they use those instead of the full dish?

Simulsats offer the complete arc vice a parabolic offering just 1 bird....We utilize L-band disrtibution boxes directly fed from the multiple OMT's housed in the feed horn. The 7m works well for C-band, and in my opinion is the only size to be utilized for Ku...The current 5m for Ku does not give enough gain to withstand nominal Rain Fade...ATCI used to have the Torus but I do not see it any more...Direct Tv Latin America has one if anyone is in the LongBeach area to take a look..Those are the best Simulsat's available having their own sub reflector per OMT....
 

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
14,190
2
Louisiana
Krapola said:
"Not sure I understand why they need two pointed at almost the same spot???"
1 is C the other is Ku....

Seems like I would figured out how to install some KU LNB's in the C Band one to save the cost ;)
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top