Crazy Volume Issues With My H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DawnB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
Ripley, TN
Hey everyone. I've been having a very strange issue going on a few weeks now. The volume level is drastically different from one channel to another.

For example, my CBS OTA out of Memphis needs to be at about 30 volume, but if I change to the CBS out of Jackson, which is NOT OTA, I need to bump it to 15 or I will rattle my windows from the walls!!!! Change to my ABC out of Jackson, non OTA, I have to turn it back up to 30 or higher.

I've also noticed that when I watch recordings, say from HGTV, I start out at volume of 20, but as I fast forward through commercials, the audio gets progressively lower and by the end of the show, is on 45. If I stop the recording, go to live TV and adjust it back to 20, then start the recording again, it's fine until I fast forward through commercials again.

Anyone seeing anything similar.... Or have any suggestions? Recently updated to U517.... So the problem followed along with it.

TIA!!!

Dawn

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
What is your sound system, if it is the Tv look in your tv audio to.

I have a Vizio sound bar. Nothing has changed in my setup or settings. I've checked everything. Even tried rebooting everything....H3, TV and sound bar.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Partysox
ALSO over the years I have seen that DISH boxes have serious lower line level out than any of my other gear. Switching to another input, if not careful, can cause some major damage on many levels. Why is the output on these boxes so much lower?!

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have no issues with volume from the Hopper3 other than recordings need a slightly higher volume setting than live. My sound comes directly through HDMI to the TV and output is RCA Stereo to Bose speakers subbing for the TV speakers. I don't think that there is a problem with the Hopper3 output.

All the other inputs and the apps on my TV re far louder than my H3. I was hoping that the H3 would be "more equal". It's not. Neither of them are in their respective systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)