Credit card updating

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I logged on to Directv and there was an alert posted that my credit card would expire soon and I need to update it. I don't use my card to pay my bill. What will happen if I don't update the card with them?

Lem52

I logged on to Directv and there was an alert posted that my credit card would expire soon and I need to update it. I don't use my card to pay my bill. What will happen if I don't update the card with them?

Lem52

I would bet it has to do with the contract you signed. Somewhere in it you agreed to keep a credit card in force with them as a vendor recipient. If you cancel your service early or just stop paying them they can and will hit your card.

Or it could be something else.

Joe

I know they used my cc to charge to ship the equipment to me...I got the same message when I logged in. But my account with D* goes through my Telco so I get billed from them

I would bet it has to do with the contract you signed. Somewhere in it you agreed to keep a credit card in force with them as a vendor recipient. If you cancel your service early or just stop paying them they can and will hit your card.

Or it could be something else.

Joe

The Customer Agreement, section 5(e):
(e) Payment Upon Cancellation. You acknowledge that you have provided your credit or debit card account information to us. You understand that you will incur fees and charges as a result of your receipt and use of Service and/or Receiving Equipment, and may incur early cancellation fees and/or equipment non-return fees (as specified in any lease, programming or other service commitment agreement you entered into in connection with obtaining Receiving Equipment). By giving us your credit or debit card account information, you authorize us to apply this method of payment, in accordance with applicable law, to satisfy any and all amounts due upon cancellation. You further acknowledge that you are required to maintain current credit or debit card information with us and agree to notify us whenever there is a change in such information, such as a change in the card number or the expiration date.

I did go to the website and update my card. I had forgot to do that when I received my card renewal. Anyway, that keeps me abiding to my agreement. Keldhar thanks for the snippit.

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts