'Criminal Minds': A.J. Cook may return -- briefly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Source

"Criminal Minds" may not be completely done with A.J. Cook, but if the actress does return to the series, it won't be for long.

News broke last week that the CBS crime drama was paring down its cast for the coming season, letting Cook go and possibly reducing the number of episodes in which Paget Brewster appears. The show may also introduce a new female character during the 2010-11 season.

"Minds" fans, to say the least, were not thrilled with the news of Cook's departure. "And programs wonder why they lose their audience," "This is bull!!!" and "I've already started an anti-new character page" were among the comments to Zap2it about the moves.

Despite the negative reaction, CBS and the show's producers aren't backing off the decision, which they've said was a way to "refresh" the show going into its sixth season. However, Deadline Hollywood reports that executive producer Ed Bernero is considering having Cook guest-star in an episode in the fall to put a cap on her character JJ's story.

Brewster, meanwhile, is still talking with CBS about cutting her number of episodes, Deadline says. She would remain a cast regular.

Follow Zap2it and Zap2itRick on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.

It's bean counters doing what bean counters do. If show costs X and has expected revenues Y we make $Z. We can make MORE money if we cut cost to X-cost of two popular characters!

In reality, short term gain, long term loss... as the show may lose audience and be canceled!

It's definitely a long-term loss considering they will lose a percentage of the take-it or leave-it audience who will flip the channel because the show doesn't have enough eye-candy (for the guys) or feeling-types (for the ladies). Then again, if the show suffers they can just renew contracts or bring in others.

It's definitely a long-term loss considering they will lose a percentage of the take-it or leave-it audience who will flip the channel because the show doesn't have enough eye-candy (for the guys) or feeling-types (for the ladies). Then again, if the show suffers they can just renew contracts or bring in others.

I don't think I'd describe Emily Prentiss as the "feeling-types"! She's pretty damn tuff!

I don't think I'd describe Emily Prentiss as the "feeling-types"! She's pretty damn tuff!
JJ certainly has a softer side, but I've seen Prentiss express "empathy" and even shed tears and, as Tom Hands once said, "There there's no crying in the BAU."

Still I like both JJ and Prentiss and the show will suffer without them.

Sometimes there is no choice such as if a actor wants to leave. But messing with a winning combination for the sake of a few dollars is not a good idea. Getting a likable cast that people want to watch is hard enough but then to cut back/out two of the winning players is petty dumb. In my opinion it will hurt the show in the long run.

Perhaps CBS feels it has enough episodes for syndication so it does not care if the show ends. This, in my opinion again, is why network TV is losing audiences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)