Criminal Minds: Season 5 Satisfaction?

How Satisfied are you with Season 5 so far?

• Fully Satisfied - don't change a thing!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Satisfied - however, I have concerns (explain)...

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Indifferent - still to early to tell how the season will play-out

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not to Happy - what are the writers smoking (explain)!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dissatisfied - the show has taken a turn for the worse...can't suffer through 15-more episodes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest, I am generally happy about the show...but I do have a few concerns.

1. What is going-on with Hotch and his archrival? We're going into the 7th episode this evening and I would have loved to have seen something in the works...perhaps even acknowledging that he has a family. The closest thing we saw to his inner-conflict was Hotch's vacant stare into the distance on his return flight home at the end of last week's show.

2. Morgan in charge? OK, I don't get what's going on with placing Morgan in charge or how this will play-out at the end of the season? To be honest, other than Morgan sleeping in his office during one of the shows, I really don't see how this has affected the show in any way.

3. Someone needs to die! Perhaps I am just getting tired of the dynamics between Morgan and "Babycakes" Garcia.

4. Rossi has now been in more episodes of Criminal Minds than Gideon. I like Rossi (in an annoying kind of way), but he is certainly no Gideon.

How would everyone feel about Criminal Minds crossing paths with CSI's one, two and three? :rolleyes:

They really should get to Hotch's showdown with Foyett. I suppose they are waiting until sweeps or some sort of season break.

As for Morgan being in charge, I'm not sure how it will end. I'm guessing he'll do something stupid and either get demoted, or just not like being the one in charge and resign. Then Hotch can take back over and Morgan can resume his role on the team.

That's the problem with shows where the main characters' job is the focus of the show. They can't promote people or have them switch jobs without them leaving the show. So they get stuck having to write around this problem without letting things get stagnant.

It too like Rossi, even if he hasn't really done much lately. I could see Joe Mantegna feeling that he's being wasted by the show and leaving. It might be for the best if it does.

I'm not sure that they'd kill anybody off at the moment.

I still like the show, but it hasn't been reeling me in as much as it used too.

They really should get to Hotch's showdown with Foyett. I suppose they are waiting until sweeps or some sort of season break.
I agree, but they should have generated a little more interest into that angle going into mid-season. To be honest, I think most casual viewers have completely put Foyett out of their minds. If nothing else, Hotch could have received a cryptic message or two and perhaps the cameras could have panned to Foyett watching the BAU Team at a safe distance.

I just fast-forwarded and noticed that George Foyett is supposed to be on the 25 November episode.

I am kind of getting tired of the sick plots against children , killers taking eyeballs etc. This show can get a little to dark for my taste. I can't imagine a person being able to do this job in real life without ending up depressed and suicidal.

I am kind of getting tired of the sick plots against children , killers taking eyeballs etc. This show can get a little to dark for my taste. I can't imagine a person being able to do this job in real life without ending up depressed and suicidal.
I agree, but it's hard to produce 22-26 episodes each year about serial killers without getting a bit creative. To be honest, most serial killer's probably fall into a handful of profiles...which wouldn't make for good TV.

As far as people ending up depressed and suicidal...that's probably very true unless these individuals have strong family, work and community support structures. However, it's got to beat working at Wal-Mart!!!

I agree, but it's hard to produce 22-26 episodes each year about serial killers without getting a bit creative. To be honest, most serial killer's probably fall into a handful of profiles...which wouldn't make for good TV.

As far as people ending up depressed and suicidal...that's probably very true unless these individuals have strong family, work and community support structures. However, it's got to beat working at Wal-Mart!!!

Yes ,I can see your point, looking at dead people all day long and trying to decipher a motive and who killed them vs looking at brain dead customers all day long who want something for nothing. Yes the dead bodies win!:D

Criminal Minds continues to earn solid ratings...

Wednesday 9 p.m. (Outfoxed)

CBS: "Criminal Minds" (13.5 million, 8.5/13)
ABC: "Modern Family" (9.2 million, 5.4/8), "Cougar Town" (7.9 million, 4.9/8)
NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" (8.4 million, 5.7/9)
FOX: "Glee" (7.3 million, 4.3/7)
The CW: "America's Next Top Model: Revealed" special (1.8 million, 1.2/2)

This season seems to be more serialized than past seasons, and I am not sure how I feel about that.

And what is up with Dr. Reid's hair? He looks like he should be in a heavy metal band!

This season seems to be more serialized than past seasons, and I am not sure how I feel about that.

And what is up with Dr. Reid's hair? He looks like he should be in a heavy metal band!
So far, I am enjoying season 5. Offhand, I have no idea what to make of Reid's hair...but the child prodigy has been of a let down this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)