Critical of the Hopper Rollout?

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
I'm not. :D

If you have time and want some "balanced" entertainment, read this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/272992-directv-hr34-home-media-center.html

All companies have problems rolling out new equipment, Dish's Hopper rollout has had its problems, but I am sure impressed with how well it's worked and the equipment is even better than I thought when I ordered it within days of availability. (2h/2j)

It seems if you take away what people think it should have been as a system, (right or wrong) overall not a bad rollout. Problem is the number of first posters, hard to tell if they are real or trolls.

It seems if you take away what people think it should have been as a system, (right or wrong) overall not a bad rollout. Problem is the number of first posters, hard to tell if they are real or trolls.

Why not just assume they are real and try to help them or just move on to the next thread until they give us a real reason to call them out.

This site can't grow without first posters so lets not go out of our way to scare them off.

I think the Hopper has been DISH's best rollout of a product ever.

THe majority of the problems reported are due to installers not following the proper procedures for installing them. But for the most part they work well and as time goes on will continue to improve. And best of all they got it out the door on time!

I think the Hopper has been DISH's best rollout of a product ever.

THe majority of the problems reported are due to installers not following the proper procedures for installing them. But for the most part they work well and as time goes on will continue to improve. And best of all they got it out the door on time!

+1

In addition, many complaints seem to stem directly from an apparent flood of CSR misinformation in the days leading up to and after the initial rollout. This problem may have been limited (not eliminated) with better product and promo training for the CSR's.

Why not just assume they are real and try to help them or just move on to the next thread until they give us a real reason to call them out.

This site can't grow without first posters so lets not go out of our way to scare them off.

I don't discount what you are saying. But so many post one time, or maybe two only to continue with a list of problems that seem to simply be what they read and are repeating them. If I take all those into account, the rollout was not so great. But take those out of the equation and it seems much better.
When a question is actually asked that is vastly different than saying the Hopper is crap, never should have left Direct, yada yada yada..... all with one or two posts and no substantive question or anything more than how bad the Hopper is.....

I don't discount what you are saying. But so many post one time, or maybe two only to continue with a list of problems that seem to simply be what they read and are repeating them. If I take all those into account, the rollout was not so great. But take those out of the equation and it seems much better.
When a question is actually asked that is vastly different than saying the Hopper is crap, never should have left Direct, yada yada yada..... all with one or two posts and no substantive question or anything more than how bad the Hopper is.....

Some may be questionable, but most find their way here through a search and then don't find their way back or to the thread they posted in. I assume all posters are legitimate until otherwise demonstrated. There have been enough problems posted here that I'm shying away from the upgrade until things shake out a bit and I see the problems corrected with PTAT malfunctions and timers.

I take the approach that I will not dismiss a problem that is reported, but I will not give it much weight until there are multiple reports of the same issue from different people, and moreso if those people are established/respected regulars here. That said, while many of the issues have been the result of initial customer expectations, inexperienced installers or uninformed CSRs, there are still plenty of bug reports from multiple users on a multitude of issues, that even if I were ready to upgrade, I would still wait to see how it all plays out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)