Cross-link Dish Forum to HDNet and VOOM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
Honorable Staff Members:

I note that there is a sub-forum shortcut that cross-links the Dish Forum to the Voom Programming section. While it certainly makes sense to have the HDNet and Voom forums in thieir own areas, I believe it would be useful to have a shortcut from within the Dish forum to these two forums (and DirecTV for HDNet), and possibly the sub-forums although that could get out of hand quickly.

I appreciate the difficulty in defining the forums and sub-forums since the lines can be rather murky when it comes to content... :) Cross-linking shortcuts seems a workable compromise.

Respectfully,
Red

There were three reasons why we added a shortcut link from Dish Network to the VOOM Programming forum. These reasons were specific to VOOM and did not apply to HDNet:

1. VOOM is currently a Dish Network exclusive, so many forum visitors are looking for it in the Dish Network area.

2. With the latest announcement of additional VOOM channels there have been a lot of VOOM-related threads started in the Dish Network area.

3. Until yesterday VOOM HD Programming was a sub-forum of the HDTV programming forum - it was not easy to find.

This shortcut link has been added as a temporary measure to help our forum members (especially the new ones) to get around the forum and find the appropriate sections. We intend to continue moving all VOOM-related (and HDNet-related, for that matter) threads to our newly expanded HDTV Programming area.

And once the majority of our forum members become aware of the new forums and become accustom to posting channel-specific discussions in the appropriate areas, we may decide to drop this cross-link altogether. Of course we can consider adding additional cross-links, but I am afraid, this may clutter the forums.

You win some, you lose some :)

Ilya,

Fair enough, your explanation makes sense. I still maintain my position that the theads are very relational (think databases), but can't argue the effort to keep things streamlined.

Cheers,
Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts