teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Friday, May 30, 2014

"The Devil's Dominion": Pirates working for the legendary, but supposedly dead, Blackbeard, steal an important device from the HMS Petrel.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Friday, June 6, 2014

"The Covenant":
A popular pirate violently disagrees with Blackbeard's grand design; Tom ends up becoming an instrument of Blackbeard's will.

S~

Dang I missed this! Catch up on demand then set a timer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 03

Friday, June 20, 2014

"The Man Who Killed Blackbeard": Blackbeard and Lowe must rescue captured Kate before she reveals the island's location to William Jagger; Lowe learns Blackbeard has an ulterior motive for keeping him around.

S~

I watched about half of ep one. Not to my liking. Lowe was captured, a bit of discussion w/BB who threatened to harm him extensively if the guy died - maybe a bit after that. Does it get better or is this just not my cup of tea? Wife likes it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 04

Friday, June 27, 2014

"Antoinette": Having learned of Blackbeard's plans, Lowe works out a way to report back to William Jagger; Lowe discovers Jagger is a madman.

S~

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 05

Friday, July 11, 2014

"The Return": Lowe plans to reveal Blackbeard's attack plan to William Jagger but realizes he may be an even greater danger than the Commodore.

S~

NBC has shipped pirate drama Crossbones to Saturday for its last two airings, with this Friday’s episode the last to air in the series’ regular Friday 10 PM slot. The John Malkovich starrer will then be replaced by an NBC News special and Dateline for the following two weeks. Crossbones, which had been in the works for a long time, having been announced at NBC’s 2012 May upfront, started slow and has since lost half of its premiere rating, most recently drawing a 0.5 in 18-49 and 2.7 million viewers last Friday. NBC often sends underperforming dramas to end their runs on the low-trafficked Saturday night, something it previously did with Smash and Crisis.

deadline.com

I was tired of all the police, lawyer, and hospital dramas, so I thought I would give this a try--just for doing something different (even with many of the same elements as the others). It kept my attention and I'm sticking with it, but I realize it's probably doomed.

I watched the finale two episodes this afternoon. These were probably the best of the show. I suspect weekly battles like these would have been too expensive for summer TV fare. I do wonder if they had actually planned more than one season as the story wrapped up pretty nicely.

I think the beach scene at the end gave them an out depending whether the show is nenewed or not.
The story is wrapped up nicely, but the scene can let them continue if so desired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)