Crude Oil headed to $30 per barrel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically as bad as it sounds I think the higher oil prices are a good thing....

why? because if they weren't high we wouldn't be talking that much about alturnatives. I've heard ethanol mensioned more times in the past year than in the previous 25 or so years. I've heard more on wind, more on solar and so on just due to the prices of oil.

The thing is it's generally amazing how little some of the costs can be though just to make this happen. If gas goes up ten cents in one day and a gas tank is 20 gallons...that's only $2 more per fillup....

The other thing people should also consider is that if we can fully understand that we have a limited supply of fuel then the effort should be put upon either changing the engine to make it last longer or to change the fuel to make it burn better. In both reguards we DO have these and they are called hybrids and diesels respectivly.

Energy must be both created and also be conserved. Do you know that many electrical devices never really turn off?
www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/sustainable/Powerplay articles/2PowerplayPhantom.html
Sometimes it's hard to understand as to why things do not changes but if you look at some of the stats they can. For example many might think that we cannot make a fuel efficent car but yet the Chevy Prizm was made here and it was nearly the same as a Corolla (cosmetic differences) in the Numa plant in California (matrix and vibe are nearly the same today)

BobMurdoch said:
The fun thing is that these posts live for years. In 2008, I get to come back and either eat crow or gloat, but I'm pretty sure I'll be gloating.... And all those that bought hydrogen fuel stocks will be licking their financial wounds as oil prices collapse again....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060919/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices_26

I love it when I'm right...

I just wish I had more disposable income to invest so I could make some money off these predictions....

Dump those oil stocks now if you haven't already....

Maybe the problem Honda is having with hybrids are with the dealers. I've heard that its typical for dealers to charge 5k above MSRP for hybrids making them not worth the extra cost.

I don't know if this is true but its what I heard from someone who bought a Prius before they started doing that.

Supply and demand..... If too many people are clamoring for them, the price rises, obliterating any potential savings..... (although they DO get to brag to their greenie friends about how environmentally sensitive they are)

If someone wants to get a nice fuel efficient car, get a Toyota Corolla.

You can't beat 41 MPG on the highway, 34 in the city. It's MUCH less than the hybrids.

If I didn't owe as much on my vehicle I'd get a Corolla in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)