CS 8100 and Seagate FreeAgent GO 500GB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Still not working after formatting to FAT32 and disabling Sleep Mode. I read somewhere that only the FreeAgent Pro is the one that works with another STB PVR's. Can anyone confirm or shed some light?

I have a 160 GB free agent go. It works fine with a CNX trio.

Formatted to Fat32 with swissknife and sleep disabled

Catamount

I have a 500gb FreeAgent p/n #9f2al-570, and it works great with fta receivers, had it on a cs-8000, but now it is on a SV-8000, don't own the CS any more.

now it was a little tricky to get set up at 1st, I have used swiss knife in the past, but this did not work for me here with this drive. what did work was going to the Sea Gate web site and down loading their program for this HD, then re-formated it, turn sleep mode off, plug into receiver then power up HD and works like a champ. most of the time if I reboot receive also repower HD for it to be found.

I have a 500gb FreeAgent p/n #9f2al-570, and it works great with fta receivers, had it on a cs-8000, but now it is on a SV-8000, don't own the CS any more.

now it was a little tricky to get set up at 1st, I have used swiss knife in the past, but this did not work for me here with this drive. what did work was going to the Sea Gate web site and down loading their program for this HD, then re-formated it, turn sleep mode off, plug into receiver then power up HD and works like a champ. most of the time if I reboot receive also repower HD for it to be found.
@ the highlighted:
I did the same thing last night for the AZBox Elite. Now it doesn't go it to sleep mode anymore, and scheduled recordings now starting without a hitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)