CSNBA HD - games in SD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shetaan819

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
San Francisco
As was the case last night, if a game on CSNBA is in SD, I thought the game would still be at least shown on the HD channel but in 4:3 SD 480i, so at least we would have a clear digital picture for games that are not in HD......

Am I crazy to expect this.., I swear this is how it worked when I was on Comcast....

Also, does anyone know if a game is set to record on the SD channel for a game that is being shown in HD on the HD channel as well, will the DVR be smart and record the HD version or the SD version ?

If you set the game to record on the sd channel, it will record on the sd channel. Any game on the HD channel shows up there a couple of days before hand. Also, it is called something different from the sd channel and does not appear the same way in themes or searches. The HD channel remains in the guide even when there is nothing shown on the channel. You may be better served if you go looking for the games.

Go to the CSN-BA website for info on when HD games for the Giants and A's are on. First HD Giants game is this coming Monday evening. First A's game is later that week.

On the CSNBA website it said last night's Giants game was in HD. Well it wasn't on the brand new CSNBA HD channel last night. You would think on the first day of being active they would want to do it right. I scanned forward a few days on CSNBA HD and nothing in the guide yet.

On the CSNBA website it said last night's Giants game was in HD. Well it wasn't on the brand new CSNBA HD channel last night. You would think on the first day of being active they would want to do it right. I scanned forward a few days on CSNBA HD and nothing in the guide yet.

It's in the Guide on Monday Night.

This must be the 10 post on this in three different forums. I was even worning people ahead of time that CSNBA is not all what you expect it too be. About 1/3 of all Giants games are shown in HD and less than 1/2 of the A's games are shown in HD.

CSNBA's website says the Giants game was in SD (IT WAS NOT IN HD) as was the case with today's game. CSNBA is a part time game only station.

Giants schedule on CSNBA. You can see that the game was not scheduled to be in HD.

A's schedule on CSNBA

At least 3 of the next 4 games will be in HD unless I'm mistaken and KNTV is showing them in SD... does anyone know or seen their last broadcast?

Local KNTV
Fri May 16 vs. Chicago White Sox (home), 7 p.m. PST
Sat May 17 vs. Chicago White Sox (home), 6 p.m. PST

CSNBA
SUNDAY 5/18 VS CHICAGO WHITE SOX 1:00 PM PLUS
CSNBAHD
MONDAY 5/19 @ COLORADO ROCKIES 5:30 PM HD

Anybody notice that the DISH EPG used to show Red Sox vs A's on Friday as a HD game. I know because I set a timer for it and this game is also listed on HD schedule on CSNBA website, however this game is no longer in EPG. Does this mean last Monday was the only HD game on CSNBA-HD on DISH? I think the no-hitter game by the Red Sox yesterday was also not in HD on NESN on DISH.

This is what DISH wrote when I emailed about tonight's game not being in HD.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your email. The information that we have is that it will be available on channel 419. You may want to perform a front panel reset and see if the guide updates. Reset the receiver holding the power button on the front of the receiver for 10 seconds. The receiver will reset and acquire satellite signal. Once this is complete picture should return. Since the regional sports HD channels show only game content the EPG may not be up to date.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: DISH Network Customer Tech Portal

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option. Chat Assistance

Thank you,

It doesn't seem likely that tonight's will be on HD on E*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)