CSNBA HD Reception Problems

awcdish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
Did anyone catch the Giants/Cubs game on CSNBA HD last night? It was very blurry and a lot of macroblocking on fast moving graphics. I don't know if this is how bad it looks for everyone else or if a tree's leaves are blocking some of my LOS. I have a tree near the LOS but so far CSNBA has been the only consistent poor quality HD channel.

Anyone see how poor this HD is?

Would tree leaves in the LOS cause a blurry picture? or would it cut out the picture completely?

CSNBA HD sometimes looks great and sometimes looks awful (Sunday's and Monday's Giants games both looked awful). It's got to be a difference in bit rate. I've written to Dish Network about this but have yet to receive an answer. I will post their response if I get anything worth posting.

Bob

I just realized something... I have yet to see anything in HD on this channel. I had chalked it up to the limited number of events actually in HD, but now I'm wondering... My Dish is pointed at 61.5 rather than 129. Is FSNBA HD only available on 129?

Last night's A's game looked great. I just turned it there to check then back to Giants/Cubs on NBC 11. Never got a response from the quality control email, but lets hope tonights game is the same high quality.

I just realized something... I have yet to see anything in HD on this channel. I had chalked it up to the limited number of events actually in HD, but now I'm wondering... My Dish is pointed at 61.5 rather than 129. Is FSNBA HD only available on 129?

I have this same problem...time to call E* and get an upgrade to a dish 1000.2

Thanks for the response guys. Given my signature, it's ironic that I have this issue. talking to a chat rep right now to try and resolve it, but until I mentioned that I was pointed 61.5 rather than 129 she tried to convince me that tonight's game is not in HD. That's why this site rocks! :)

UPDATE: So I need to have both 61.5 and 129 (I'm subscribed to an international that's on 61.5) so they're saying I need to pay $199.99 for a DPP44 switch and an additional dish. Is it just me or does that price seem too high? Also, can anyone tell me when CSNWS went HD on dish? I think I found a press release that stated 4/4/2007, but since the channel name changed I'm not positive. (I really just want to know if it was availalbe prior to the end of December 2007.)

Heard back from Dish. They acknowledged the problem and indicated it's software related. They also indicated that they are actively working on a resolution. This seems a bit vague but would seem to indicate that it's something other than the channel being bit starved due to bandwidth limitations.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts