CSR News Flash - New HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I pay $250 for the priveledge of using a 942, they better let me NOT subscribe to the HD pack. They have been calling in the 811s on lease without the HD pack, according to some threads here.

I'd consider using it as my DVR, with the ability to record all my OTA HD channels.

Ok seriously, to me, that's silly. Why do you want the thing without the HD pack. That takes away 5 channels from your HD source (3 full time (1 a movie channel) heh makes it seem pathetic)

Not that I would want that, but if one choses to not have the HD pack and wants a 942 for OTA and OTA dvr use, that should be allowed. Especially if they are paying $250 for its use.

Silly or not, some people have enormous amounts of disposable income. :) But not me.

Yeah, ok. then I spelled out above how the HD pack might not be compelling ;)

the sad thing still about dish and the 942 is that it will only have 1 OTA tuner? Why can't the get this right. D* has 2 ota, cable has 2 tuners (so ota doesn't matter) and voom has planning on 2 ota as well.

Having 2 OTA is so important because there will be more times where I want to watch one network and record another :( :(

$250 bucks for something to be lease only is downright rediculous. I'm not forking out that much dough unless it's an own option. You can get a decent HD off air tuner for that price. Granted, not an HDDVR... but still, the premise is kinda silly to pay any amount that is not fee based for a leased piece of equipment.

Do you think cable would be able to get away with charging $250 to lease an HD DVR? Probably not. Perhaps the way to look at this is the cost of being an early adopter.

What!!!!!!

250 + lease per month and you don't get to own it?????

That is just freaking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they do that I am moving to cable. Multiple HD DVR boxes for 9.95 per month.

How can E* justify that when the cable co's are offering this?

No way will I pay 250 for the priviledge of having 1 HD DVR box. Also this box will be obsolete as soon as it hits the street.

Whoever does this is insane. You cannot justifiy this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts