CSR's can't speak English??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No. Quite the opposite - I usually chat with them whle they're activating boxes or whatever and always ask where they are. Used to be they'd tell me, but lately they're saying they're not allowed to say where they are.

When I called last night to cancel my service with Dish I got someone from India, at least that's what he sounded like. I only talked to him long enough to tell him that I wanted to cancel because of all my problems with the 522. He seemed like he had heard that story a million times before. He then transferred me to another department. This is the first time this has happened with Dish. I called around 9pm MST. Maybe they outsource after 5 :rolleyes:.

SimpleSimon said:
No. Quite the opposite - I usually chat with them whle they're activating boxes or whatever and always ask where they are. Used to be they'd tell me, but lately they're saying they're not allowed to say where they are.

When I swapped boxes the last time (January) the guy told me where he was located and where he was from orignally. He "liked my accent" (MN accent, ya you betcha :D

where are the american csr's?

I have made at least 2 dozen calls to dish to question my bill and could not for the life of me understand these morons! This country is going to sh*t!
Where are all the Americans? Isn't this our country? Why do I have to pick a language at an ATM machine? THIS SUCKS!

I have the same problems with the CSR . My first language is english i was born in Philadelphia live in Puerto Rico now and every time I call Dish they put a spanish speaking person and I can't understand the crap that there saying, so I hang up on them until I get somebody that speaks english

When calling Dish, choose "3" in their phone tree to go directly to TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

TS can do anything you need -- upgrade programming, change your autobilling or schedule a service call -- you name it. They speak Engrish well and are far more knowledgeable.

The "regular" customer support staff are horrifically trained and simply read prompts on their computer screen.

In fairness to E*, all but one (at last check) of their call centers are in the US.

Two in Denver metro, one in WV, one in TX, one in Nebraska (or was it Oklahoma).

Excuse Me...

Dish Network's customer service call centers are based in the USA. They do, however, employ technicians who are not of caucasian descent. To not do so would be discrimination by race, prosecutable under federal and state labor laws. They have hired a 3rd party firm to handle the yellowcard swap, and I don't know where their call centers are, but I can tell you from my own personal knowledge that there is a call center located near Virginia Tech in Virginia, USA. Its' location explains some of the problem with getting heavily accented technicians, because some people from other countries, such as China, India, Mexico, etc. come here to go to college, and end up working at Echostar part-time, maybe full-time in the summer because they need jobs. (Hey, they can't all flip burgers or bag groceries.)

So, if you can't understand the person, hope they can understand you, and say "I'm terribly sorry, but I cannot understand what you're saying." Then hang up and call back.

I just talked to a CSR, at 3:30 in the morning no less, and he was absolutely american. He spoke like an american would speak, saying things like "humor me..." after I told him i'd done all the reset techniques, etc...

Sounded like the kind guy who got beat up in school a lot, to be honest...=)

I actually spoke to an english speaking CSR the other day. :) Even better, last week I hired a young man who recently complete his graduate studies at Virginia Tech and who has worked part-time for several years at E*'s technical call center. Most of the college kids at this call center are pretty sharp, but the employee turnover is incredibly high. Needless to say, working at the call center is pretty low on their priority lists:

1. Baggin' Chicks
2. Gettin' Educated
3. Baggin' Chicks
4. Beerin'
5. Baggin' Chicks
6. Bikin'
7-98. Baggin' Chicks
99. Working at the E* tech center

There's no discrimination screening out people with accents that are hard to understand if they will be dealing with the public - especially over the phone. Just as it is not discrimination (in a legal sense) to hire only attractive girls as receptionists.

I don't want to get off topic but here in Canada I have not yet talked to a Bell CSR that speaks english.All of SC's CSR's seem to speak english.

Paul_Medenwaldt said:
I had the same experience last year when trying to get an 811. I tried multiple times to get the deal that was mentioned on a Charlie Chat. I gave up after about 15 minutes and thought I would have better luck calling back. Nope! I probably got into the same call center with people who had heavy thick Indian accents. I decided not to go any further with my conversation and got off the phone with that CSR. Tried again for sheets and giggles with the same result.

Called the next day and got to a CSR in Texas, said to myself oh boy here we go again and.... j/k :D

I sent an email to Dish after I ordered the 811 and informed them about the issues I was having with trying to understand their out of country CSR and how disappointed I was in them. Didn't hear anything back.

Paul

That is one thing Comcast has going for them. I still have Comcast HSI and anytime I needed help I always spoke to an American, not some gook in Korea. I have called Dish 3 times and 2 of the 3 times went well, but one of them was an idiot who just didnt know anything. I remember when I had Netscape , their tech support was a bunch of 10 cent an hour overseas slave laborers.

Some "gook" in Korea??? If I had a choice between an ignorant but English-speaking f**king idiot like you in America, or some "gook" in Korea, I'd choose the latter.

BTW, I wasn't aware of any outsourcing to Korea. India and China are the key outsourcing targets.

GaryPen said:
Some "gook" in Korea??? If I had a choice between an ignorant but English-speaking f**king idiot like you in America, or some "gook" in Korea, I'd choose the latter.

BTW, I wasn't aware of any outsourcing to Korea. India and China are the key outsourcing targets.

Dont play the politically correct nit-wit. Or do you think as you're told to think. Anyway- piss off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)