Cubs, Sox fans out of luck in HD

Those unlucky people missed a dandy Cubs/Brewers game no doubt about that. I finally get to watch all the Brewers FSN HD games so I am a happy camper. The ability to watch the Cubs get beat on WGN HD would be bonus though.

I used to be as big of a Brewers fan as I was a Cub fan back when the Brewers were in the American League. Went to games in annually in Milwaukee County Stadium and everything...I remember them building Miller Park watching it rise above the outfield walls...and I still think they need too bring back Bernies Beer Mug though!!!

It didn't bother me much at first when the Brewers went to the NL, because...well...unless the two teams played each other, who cared? Now that there is this bitter rivalry 'brewing' (no pun intended) since last year...its really uncomfortably challenging my loyalties. Being a Chicago northsider, naturally I favor the Cubs, but years of fond memories in Milwaukee every year are difficult to put aside for the sake of building an aggressive stance during a playoff race. I just kind of have to let it ride...

Either way, from my observations of yesterdays game...unless either team can get their leadoff hitters on base and score some runs constantly, my concerns here may be a non-issue....

(I'd still love to get FSN HD in Chicago though, maybe if I ask Dish nicely....:) )

I used to be as big of a Brewers fan as I was a Cub fan back when the Brewers were in the American League. Went to games in annually in Milwaukee County Stadium and everything...I remember them building Miller Park watching it rise above the outfield walls...and I still think they need too bring back Bernies Beer Mug though!!!

It didn't bother me much at first when the Brewers went to the NL, because...well...unless the two teams played each other, who cared? Now that there is this bitter rivalry 'brewing' (no pun intended) since last year...its really uncomfortably challenging my loyalties. Being a Chicago northsider, naturally I favor the Cubs, but years of fond memories in Milwaukee every year are difficult to put aside for the sake of building an aggressive stance during a playoff race. I just kind of have to let it ride...

Either way, from my observations of yesterdays game...unless either team can get their leadoff hitters on base and score some runs constantly, my concerns here may be a non-issue....

(I'd still love to get FSN HD in Chicago though, maybe if I ask Dish nicely....:) )

I am in the same boat as you. I have no problem watching any of the Chicago teams do well. It is the Minnesota Teams (Vikings) that I like to see flop:)

glad to see swanni is stealing from the trib now. I hope dish does endup getting WGN as chicago viewers are missing out alot..

WGN is only half the story, WCIU26 shows games in HD too...

I get mine OTA, but there are enough Cubs fans around (for better or worse) who would benifit from the carraige of the channel...

Maybe the Cubs need their own dedicated channel like the Yankees have... :)

glad to see swanni is stealing from the trib now. I hope dish does endup getting WGN as chicago viewers are missing out alot..

But there is still no talk of adding WCIU, is there? Plenty of Cubs, Sox and Bulls games are on Channel 26 in HD. One of the reasons to have OTA in Chicago.

Is comcast sports chicago in HD on E*? My guide doesn't have the "HD" designation next to the channel. Ditto with Fox Sports Midwest. Other Fox Sports channels have the duplicate channel with the HD designation. Help me.

Someone who knows for sure can chime in here but I think the HD version of CSNCH is available from the 129 location. I don't get it because I get 110/119 and 61.5.

I think one of the hold ups for Dish with WGN HD is the fact that the Superstation is owned by Tribune as are a lot of affilate stations. I know there's a dispute in Seattle going on where Trib wants HD carriage of all their channels.. DIsh just wants to carry the HD Fox and they've been stalled. I thought I remembered the WGN - HD being tied into those other issues... so unless Dish is willing to work on the local issues... I don't know how soon WGN -HD will be on.

Did anyone else have problems with the comcast hd channel for saturday's game? The audio was fine but the video was blacked out. I had to watch the SD channel :(

Did anyone else have problems with the comcast hd channel for saturday's game? The audio was fine but the video was blacked out. I had to watch the SD channel :(

Everyone with Dish had that problem; until 1:15PM when we got the HD picture with sound

Geeeez Vampz...its nice to see that you are a normal baseball loving guy with something insightful to say! I like you much more when you are not arguing about D*!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)