Current sub adding new dish - please check my purchases

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalgm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
All,

I'm a current DTV sub but as of late had issues with the dish so I'm ripping everything out and starting new. I have a townhouse thats wired primarily for cable (one coax to each room) so I'm thinking that buying one of the new SWM SL5S is the way to go along with a new HR24 DVR in the theater room and reusing the H20 I already have in the other room with a few others scattered through the house.

Please help me understand
- Is this the most cost effective way to replace my system?
- I need b-band converters for my old H20?
- what does it take to do MRV using the HR24? Do I have to get other HR24s?
- what is the advantage of the SL5s over the SL3s?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

First what receivers do you have not all are SWM compatible? SL5 or SL3 depends on where your broadcasts come from one isn't better than the other.

First what receivers do you have not all are SWM compatible? SL5 or SL3 depends on where your broadcasts come from one isn't better than the other.

I have all H20 receivers right now and understand Ill need to add an extra piece of hardware to make this work?

All,

I'm a current DTV sub but as of late had issues with the dish so I'm ripping everything out and starting new. I have a townhouse thats wired primarily for cable (one coax to each room) so I'm thinking that buying one of the new SWM SL5S is the way to go along with a new HR24 DVR in the theater room and reusing the H20 I already have in the other room with a few others scattered through the house.

Please help me understand
- Is this the most cost effective way to replace my system?
- I need b-band converters for my old H20?
- what does it take to do MRV using the HR24? Do I have to get other HR24s?
- what is the advantage of the SL5s over the SL3s?
Thanks in advance!

Adam
1) No, the SWM has the B-Band converter built in
2)DIRECTV Are my receivers compatible for Whole-Home Service?
3)
The SL5 lets you receive programming from the sats at 110 and 119. Unless you have a Spanish package or watch the religious channels like Hope or Golden Eagle Broadcasting, the SL3 will meet your programming needs...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts