Customer Retention

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nickmeg

Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Hi All,

Does anyone have the lastest number for customer retention?

Thanks

Note that there have been reports of using the above number and getting prompted for a PIN. I have not verified if that is true or not, additionally, it is possible it is location or time dependant, so some callers may get a PIN request, while others get through directly, let us know your experience if you try the number.

When I received my "A-list" e-mail, I was given a number 1-800-353-4388.
Has anyone tried this number? Is it similar to retention?

I tried it and it didnt work I had to be transfered, I was told that they only give out the code for people that have to call them back within 5 days ? strange and no they did not give me a code. Not sure what the reason would be for you to have to call them back .

I was given a "direct" number to retention a couple of months ago when I had an issue with bundling discounts not be applied by Bellsouth. During that discussion, I asked about the cost to upgrade to the HR-20 and told to call when I wanted to order. I asked if I should call the 1-800 or what, she gave me the one I have now. I tried to call and order the HR-20 2 days ago and was prompted for a PIN. I spoke with CSR and they immediately transferred me without question when I stated the reason for my call. Retention answered and said I would have to wait until I got a letter in the mail as I had responded to the on line priorty waiting list. She stated no back orders now but she would not process my prder for installation until I called back and told them that I had the letter. "No sir, I have no idea when that letter may come, no I can not submit the order for you." I asked how long I should wait for the letter to arrive before I began to wonder about data bases and whether or not I will ever be contacted. "Sir, you have to wait for the letter. I'm being told they have been sent but I can not check on yours specifically." All this for a cost break to $79.00, hope it's worth it.

non 800 phone

Does DirecTV have any regular (not 800) phone number? It seems that all the 800 numbers do not work in Canada and that is a big pain to reach customer service.

Does DirecTV have any regular (not 800) phone number? It seems that all the 800 numbers do not work in Canada and that is a big pain to reach customer service.

As far as I know, DirecTV does not service Canada, I thought one had to go through a broker to get D* in Canada, you would have to call your broker, or have someone in the U.S. call for you.

You could probably have a friend in the U.S. call directory assistance (800-555-1212 I think) and see if they have a non-800 # listed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)