DTV Retaining Customers?

Wobble

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2024
Wisconsin
In January of 2024, DTV Satellite, retained me as a customer, having the Ultimate Package, for the same rate I was paying in 2023. I did not like the 2 rate increases that occurred. Years b/4 it was one rate increase per year. We will see for 2024, what rate increases will occur, due new contract negotiations. If only a $10 mo. rate increase, I will live with that.

I wish I was a new subscriber today, for the same Ultimate package with a 2 year contract, at a much reduced price. We can afford DTV Satellite, with all the channels we use, that streaming services do not offer. My wife records all her evening programs from various channels, to watch later. We also subscribe to Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, and Hulu, for other series and movies.

There are too many channels missing on YTTV and unavailable that we view regularly, as an example. Even their option packages do not cover enough. There is not that much money saved, if we switch over to DTV internet/stream. Perhaps being a new customer for streaming, there might be some savings, but still some channels missing. Can we do without those missing channels?

I am just brainstorming and what the future holds for DTV loosing customers and effect of price increases. I am fortunate to have their promotion discounts, both for TV and Internet over the years. With their Ultimate pkg with regional sports + Internet, and annual promotion, it has kept me as a customer, so far. Perhaps if DTV Satellite gives promotional discounts, when customers ask for it, they would retain more customers?

Reactions: larry55
I agree we like DTV.we watch a lot of sports and record several shows.A contractor cut the line from the dish to the house doing some digging here. I cal DTV technician was here few minute after 8:00 am next morning to morning to install line. We both are senior citizen and we can afford stay with DTV. Streaming Tv is going up also and don’t have all the channels we like.

What channels are you missing? Mom has DirecTV largely for the convenience and familiarity, though she's streaming more and more as programming changes have necessitated it. The biggest one that got her into streaming for example was Days of our Lives going streaming only. Now she watches many of her premiums streamed, and it's just some of the core or combination of channels (History, Fox Sports for NASCAR) that have her staying.

The big streaming sports bundle coming later this fall could probably change all of that, and I suspect once I have a better idea of the programs she watches on History I could probably solve that too.

We get discounts on her account, but they don't even cover the monthly DirecTV-exclusive fees, let alone begin to pay for her programming.

The big streaming sports bundle coming later this fall could probably change all of that, and I suspect once I have a better idea of the programs she watches on History I could probably solve that too.
You aren't going to want to see the price of that

Reactions: navychop
It'll probably be less monthly than just the fees alone ($52.99 including RSN) she pays to DirecTV, and she wouldn't need it year round, she'd be saving over $100/mo.
It's going to cost around that. Maybe less for a lower option. If you only watch a few things, it's better but for most people it's going to be worse as for a little more a month, you get everything.

A la carte sounds great but you end up paying more unless you only want a few things.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo and navychop
It's going to cost around that. Maybe less for a lower option. If you only watch a few things, it's better but for most people it's going to be worse as for a little more a month, you get everything.

A la carte sounds great but you end up paying more unless you only want a few things.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I haven't really missed anything and have saved $100+ a month for more than 8 years. A la carte more than sounds great.