Customer Service Experience, Ugh

jaywv30

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
WV
Hello, I just thought I would share my customer service experience. I am a new customer who signed up online last Friday. First off I receive an EMAIL asking for my EMAIL address, lol. Then I receive an email saying my installer would be at my house Wednesday morning between 8-12. I notice on the email that my first and middle name is wrong so I call and they correct it and "apologize for the inconvenience". I asked if I had to be there for the install or if anyone over 18 could be there like it says on the website, they said I HAD to be there. OK, fine so I take the day off from work and start watching for the installer at 8. About 11:00 I receive and email saying the installer has left me several voicemails that he can't find my house. I call customer service and they tell me that he is calling me at the following number, turns out, they have my number wrong too. (Is it that hard to copy information from on online submission form?). They tell me not to worry he will be there soon. Around 1:00 I call back to verify if he will be there at all today, they tell me the installer will call me in 5 minutes. An HOUR goes by, no call. I call them back and the guy tells me "don't worry sir, the installer will be there today between 8-12, I said uh its after 2:00 now. They tell me, oh "Sorry for the inconvenience". The installer will surely call. Three hours go by, I call at 5:00 the customer service rep tells me the installer can't come until Monday now because I didn't answer the calls today when he called me. I told her that was because he was calling the wrong number. She told me that she was "sorry for the inconvenience". I told them I can't be there on Monday she says that's OK you don't have to be, it can be anyone over 18. UGH.

The weird thing is my NEXT DOOR neighbor had Dish installed last week with no problems. Sorry for the rant just wanted to share lol.

Last edited:
I told them I can't be there on Monday she says that's OK you don't have to be, it can be anyone over 18. UGH.

YOU have to be there!!!!!!!!!!!! The Account Holder must be the one signing off on the install!! The only time anyone over 18 can be there is from a service call or something along those lines. As for the installer, don't blame them they just get the info they are givin and go off it and things happen beyond their control a lot.

But again, YOU must be there to sign off on the install before it begins if you are the account holder and it is in your name.

I'd ask for programming credits each time the installer does not show up since it cost you money to take off additional days at work. In the past, I always worked around the customer's schedule so that they did not have to miss work and lose money.

I'd ask for programming credits each time the installer does not show up since it cost you money to take off additional days at work. In the past, I always worked around the customer's schedule so that they did not have to miss work and lose money.

It is in the fine print that the set date and time of a installer showing up isn't a guarantee... now if they give a credit its cause they just felt like it to make someone happy but they are not bound by it. As for working around a customers schedule..well that's what causes many problems to begin with, many installers can't work magic and some jobs take longer. However, I do believe a customer should alot a whole day for the install no matter what time frame it is in. If the installer doesn't make it in that day then again, it falls back to "no guarantee" and a credit can get issued if Dish is willing.

bottom line is be available all day, the account holder must sign to start with.

account holder must sign if it is a 24 month commit involved. if there is not, then the account holder does not have to be there. just someone 18 years of age. at least thats what they tell us in the CSC. i would expect that there are many installers who are told different across the USA by their management since it is tradition that dish never have anything straight across the board.

account holder must sign if it is a 24 month commit involved. if there is not, then the account holder does not have to be there. just someone 18 years of age. at least thats what they tell us in the CSC. i would expect that there are many installers who are told different across the USA by their management since it is tradition that dish never have anything straight across the board.

Our office and prob like many others are wanting installers to commit fraud and if say the account holders wife or husband is there only, that they can sign their names on the commitment/agreement form for them. At least imo its just our offices way of being greedy and forcing in as many jobs as they can cause to be honest if people didn't commit fraud such as this then many jobs wouldn't get done. I will ask for ID when I get someone to sign one of these forms... or I won't do the job - plain and simple!

If you order and get installed through a local dealer you can usually call them directly and have more contact so everything happens the way it's supposed to.

I had problems years back when I was going to get Dish Network through a c band prepay promo. I ended up canceling it due to no show on install and Dish giving me all kind of grief for a reschedule. Dealing with Dish on the phone all the way up to corporate to get my prepaid money refunded was a nightmare. Dish has got to be the pits in customer relations.

I ordered DirecTv a couple months ago and everything went off without a hitch. I had one small problem with the original order taker that spelled my name wrong and when I went to sign up for the online rebates it wouldn't work. One call to Direct's CSR and the problem was corrected, and even stayed on the phone while I did my thing on the computer and checked that everything went right. It did and my bills and everything else are fine. Kudos to DirecTV for their customer service. It sure isn't anything like the experience I had with Dish years back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)