Customer service going down hill

kazuma05

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
oklahoma
In the past D/N used to require a drug test and back ground check to work in customer service and tech support. That is no longer the case anymore. In addition to that the starting pay has been decreased for new employees, at for the centers that are in the US. The people who who have access to an account may not be as trusting as they were in the past. D/N may be trying to cut cost due to the on going legal battle with Tivo.

In the past D/N used to require a drug test and back ground check to work in customer service and tech support. That is no longer the case anymore. In addition to that the starting pay has been decreased for new employees, at for the centers that are in the US. The people who who have access to an account may not be as trusting as they were in the past. D/N may be trying to cut cost due to the on going legal battle with Tivo.

I totally agree with what you're saying but I've worked in places where people passed back ground checks and then decided to steal working at their current job. So I don't always feel say with any company that you have to deal with.

I don't agree with drug testing unless it involves the operation of equipment or transportation vehicles. Background check may be an unfortunate necessity today. Some business owners even want polygraph tests before they hire, and I mean in very unimportant sectors. Those business owners just want to use the polygraph to be certain that potential hires don't steal from the business, but polygraphs are flawed.

Higher wages and good treatment of staff is by far the best means of hiring high-quality, honest, motivated employees while saving the costs of drug, background, and polygraph tests. What some businesses blow their money on is interesting.

Sure that's 100% true for all thier US centers? I know folks who work at a Dish owned center and they are drug tested and background checked prior to hire.

Let me guess, you either got fired from Dish and now your pissed or your tried to get hired and they wouldn't hire you because you either didn't pass the background check or you didn't pass the piss test... :rolleyes:

The people who who have access to an account may not be as trusting as they were in the past.

I can officially say I went to work yesterday, and let's see if I remember correctly...NOPE.. there were no random stoned criminals tampering with customer accounts. In fact, that's very unlikely to happen. There's a rigorous QA system.. and your every mouse click is logged and tracked. So I'm going to agree with the above poster.. you have some grudge you can't support...

Nearly every D/N center requires an initial tox screen.. now if the question is do they regularly do it after employment.. WHY would they? Urinalysis is extremely expensive especially for 300+ call center employees. Of course it's implied that you shouldn't be impaired while working.. but yes it has to do with cutting costs. Definitely not due to the recent TiVo incident though.. the "cuts" for that have yet to be determined.

Last edited:
ive never had a customer service issue, i actually feel sorry for them. I would hate to be on the phone all day with angry , ignorant customers who are mostly venting because they are unable to understand their bill or could be missing an episode of dancing with the stars. If I ran dish i would quit printing owners manuals , nobody reads them and typically are completly unaware of the model number of their reciever. after 8 hours of this can you admit that you would actually care about the service given. Im not siding with csr's but triing to keep things in perspective.
on the other hand bad employees tend to be results of bad managment

My3cents.com - Dish Network Informative - The Real Story Behind Dish Network Customer Service From an Ex CSR
Dish Network - Well, here I am after what I thought was a decent opportunity to move up with a decent company. Fired after 2 solid years of blood, sweat and tears. I was a coach / supervisor in the Alvin call center for the last 2 years. Fired recent
» Dish Network Customer Service Salvation (For Real This Time?)
there are sites like this , about every national service co. everywhere

I guess the commercials are right about DN's horrible customer service.

My3cents.com - Dish Network Informative - The Real Story Behind Dish Network Customer Service From an Ex CSR

"When you are calling customer service for Dish Network, you are more than likely speaking with a CSR located in Niles, OH. This CSR works at a call center and is not employed through Dish Network."

Ehh.. Niles, OH? You will get a call center employee from any number of CSC's around the nation.. or from the Phillipines.. either way they are definitely employed directly through Dish Net/Echostar/Echosphere. That article is a bit out of whack and sounds like a typical disgruntled retail employee.... from Niles, OH.

Last edited:
Ehh.. Niles, OH? You will get a call center employee from any number of CSC's around the nation.. or from the Phillipines.. either way they are definitely employed directly through Dish Net/Echostar/Echosphere. That article is a bit out of whack and sounds like a typical disgruntled retail employee.... from Niles, OH.

They may be working for DishNet, but some of DishNet's call centers (and DirecTV's) are run by (and therefore the employees work for) third-party call center companies. The agents' employer in this case would be one of the third-party call centers, and therefore the agent "is not employed through Dish Network".

However, the assertion that "you are more than likely speaking with a CSR located in Niles, OH" is just wrong -- DishNet has a lot more than just 1 call center.

Guys, why do we continue to respond to trolls? A first post, with an obvious axe to grind......:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts