This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cutting my 3D movie costs

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I'm in the process of doing some remodeling to my home theater. ( Honey-do project). I began to remove many of my older DVD's to make room for my latest habit, collecting 3D BD. I discovered I had over 60 titles. Only 5 I have watched more than once! Yet I know I have been paying ~ $30 each on most of these.

Last week I signed up at www.3D-blurayrental.com and ordered in 5 new titles that I had planed on buying. Average price on these is about $6 each to rent. They have a subscription rate too but I decided to only pay one at a time. The movies arrived in 3 days so that isn't bad. I ordered on Monday and they arrived on Thursday. All going back today. I did have one that stuttered and froze that appeared to be a defective disk as there were no scratches or anything visible and they sent me an email they are sending out another. I don't plan on buying that many 3D titles now that this rental service is so good. Hope it lasts.

thanks for the info.I just ordered from them.I noticed a couple of 50's 3D titles that were big hits at the time.

I just cancelled 4 3D preorders from Amazon and will just put them on the rental. Might have to wait but that's OK. Have plenty to watch at more affordable prices now. I also ordered another 7 3D titles from the rental service.

I might have to sign up for this too.

I also looked into the rental site for 3d stuff...I might have to give it a try too. I've also forked over $30 for many of my dvd's and that my friends gets expensive.

Yesterday I received 5 titles, 4 new ones and one to replace the one bad disk I received last week. Looks like 3 days from CA is going to be my normal shipping time.

There are many titles that I never bought due to not compelling for me to own at the ~$30 price point but at $5 for many of these, I get to at least see what I missed.

BTW- if any of you have rented from Netflix, their system works the same and uses similar envelopes.