Cutting my 3D movie costs

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I'm in the process of doing some remodeling to my home theater. ( Honey-do project). I began to remove many of my older DVD's to make room for my latest habit, collecting 3D BD. I discovered I had over 60 titles. Only 5 I have watched more than once! Yet I know I have been paying ~ $30 each on most of these.

Last week I signed up at www.3D-blurayrental.com and ordered in 5 new titles that I had planed on buying. Average price on these is about $6 each to rent. They have a subscription rate too but I decided to only pay one at a time. The movies arrived in 3 days so that isn't bad. I ordered on Monday and they arrived on Thursday. All going back today. I did have one that stuttered and froze that appeared to be a defective disk as there were no scratches or anything visible and they sent me an email they are sending out another. I don't plan on buying that many 3D titles now that this rental service is so good. Hope it lasts.

thanks for the info.I just ordered from them.I noticed a couple of 50's 3D titles that were big hits at the time.

I just cancelled 4 3D preorders from Amazon and will just put them on the rental. Might have to wait but that's OK. Have plenty to watch at more affordable prices now. I also ordered another 7 3D titles from the rental service.

I also looked into the rental site for 3d stuff...I might have to give it a try too. I've also forked over $30 for many of my dvd's and that my friends gets expensive.

Yesterday I received 5 titles, 4 new ones and one to replace the one bad disk I received last week. Looks like 3 days from CA is going to be my normal shipping time.

There are many titles that I never bought due to not compelling for me to own at the ~$30 price point but at $5 for many of these, I get to at least see what I missed.

BTW- if any of you have rented from Netflix, their system works the same and uses similar envelopes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)