CW HD & My Network TV HD (Local Channels)

DishGuru

Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
South
Does anyone have a clue as to when these channels may begin launching if they havent already. If you are with Dish and you have these channels in HD, please tell me where you are located.

Thanks

Alot of the smaller market CW channels are carried on a digital subchannel of another larger network channel. For example, in Flint, MI (my market) CW is carried on 25-2 and is not HD. Luckily I can also receive the CW channel from Detroit which is channel 50-1 and is HD. As far as Dish carrying them in HD, I believe they carry channel 50 in HD (someone from Detroit please correct me), and the Flint local CW is carried as well but as channel 46 (analog).

KPLR (CW) in the St. Louis DMA

Dish added the HD feed of KPLR 11 (our St. Louis CW affiliate) last Wednesday. We now have all the major networks in this DMA available in HD from every satellite position (spotbeams on 61.5 and 129 and the original location from 118.7).

There are some HD CWs in the mix because Tribune included them in order to renew WGN, WGN America, etc. XETV also used to be Fox and remained even while KSWB took on Fox. (KSWB is owned by Tribune.)

You might find sprinkled fifth/sixth offerings, like KICU, KTVK, KRON (I think they made that one available), and others.

The stations also have to be considered full power to force must carry, and of course with the deal Dish/DIRECTV made with the FCC they have until the end of 2012 to have all the stations carried.

I suspect that they are nearing the completion of adding new HD markets. The pace will slow down a lot and they will start going back and filling in all the markets that they have room for currently. They have a couple more satellites to launch to have enough capacity to fill in every market.

The stations also have to be considered full power to force must carry, and of course with the deal Dish/DIRECTV made with the FCC they have until the end of 2012 to have all the stations carried.

I suspect that they are nearing the completion of adding new HD markets. The pace will slow down a lot and they will start going back and filling in all the markets that they have room for currently. They have a couple more satellites to launch to have enough capacity to fill in every market.

Does anyone know about the replacement for AMC-14 that went oopsie?

E1 is moving over from 148W. Nimiq 5 is probably going up late summer or early fall. Another is going up next year. E14 might go up this year to 119, freeing up E7 to move over to the eastern arc as well. Another sat is being built for 148. I can't vouch for the accuracy as this is all from my memory which isn't all that great these days.

XETV also used to be Fox and remained even while KSWB took on Fox.

Not true. I signed up for dish after the XETV-KSWB Fox-CW switcheroo, and only had KSWB (Fox) in HD until the uplink I linked to above turned on XETV. I'm *assuming* (though, I can't say for certain since I wasn't a subscriber at the time), that when XETV and KSWB traded affilitations dish swapped which they carried in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts