CW in HD???

bighoosier8

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I live in Nashville TN and would love to get a little Supernatural in HD... Does anyone know if CW HD is coming anytime soon to Nashville...

I always want to have CW IN HD! ..One of my favorite show is SUPERNATURAL!
But only u getting it HD ,with of air antenna, but I heard DirecTV having that channel in HD!
O well is sux..I love tro see that show in HD :(

CW HD is very high on my list also - right after Speed HD & Spike HD and just above WPCH HD a.k.a. Peachtree TV

so that would be

Speed HD
Spike HD
CW HD
WPCH HD

come on Dish - give us a bone

CW would also be high on my list probably before even speed or any of the others. However, since it's a superstations I don't expect to see it in HD anytime soon as it's been said by many on here that the superstaion pack wont be in HD. Locally some places you can get it OTA in HD. Here they brodcast it on a digital channel like a .something channel but it's in SD still. I would love to get it in HD though.

Whats chillertv?

To answer your previous post: There are a couple of markets with their CW HD feed already turned on. NY's WPIX is one of them, but since WPIX is also one of the Superstation channels many expected anyone who subscribed to the Superstation package to get it as well, but that has not happened since PIX's HD feed was spot beamed. Many people were hoping since at least one of the Superstation channels was uplinked in HD, they all would be and also be available to everyone.

For this one: Chiller TV is available on channel 199 and features tv shows like: Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Night Gallery, Tales from the Crypt, ect. It is owned by the same company as SciFi, Universal and USA along with movies along the same vein such as the Chuckie series and others. They have stated they will be broadcasting an HD version of the channel in October 2008. I am not sure what exact date the HD version with start.

Leaving that horrible excuse for a horror channel alone and getting back on topic, the CW as stated is available via Dish in a few markets.

I just use a set top antenna, but I live within 15 miles of our broadcast towers. Dish concentrates on the big 4 (Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC) when launching HD LiL's as that's what more people want. Many are ticked that PBS, the CW, MyNetworkTV, Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura, Azteca America and other broadcast networks are not carried.

I think it will be a year or more (likely) after the digital transition before all markets are covered with HD past the big four.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll have to ask around to see if anyone in my area can get a good signal OTA...

Leaving that horrible excuse for a horror channel alone and getting back on topic, the CW as stated is available via Dish in a few markets.

I just use a set top antenna, but I live within 15 miles of our broadcast towers. Dish concentrates on the big 4 (Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC) when launching HD LiL's as that's what more people want. Many are ticked that PBS, the CW, MyNetworkTV, Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura, Azteca America and other broadcast networks are not carried.

I think it will be a year or more (likely) after the digital transition before all markets are covered with HD past the big four.

But in some large markets, e.g. mine, the local CW HD channel is now carried. So those in other markets can hope. There are some guidelines going out to at least until 2013, that D* and E* apparently proposed and plan to follow.

Still waiting in Portland, OR as well. I emailed them, but they basicly did't answer the question, but came back with their "We strive to offer the best in HD..." answer.

I get two CW-HD channels via OTA. I'd be mad if I couldn't get CW in HD, but since I can, I guess Dish isn't taking much heat for not carrying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)