CW11 & My9 HD in NYC

Serioulsy...

I think it would be a real step in the right direction (which is why with DISH it will probably never happen) if DISH would offer WWOR, WPIX, KTLA in HD as part of their Superstation Package. I know many of the current subscribers would be pleased, to say the least, and they would probably pick up a few new subscribers as well. It is one of the few items DISH offers that is NOT available on Directv. Another selling point of which they're not taking advantage!

I'm not up on whether WSBK, Boston and KWGN, Denver are broadcasting in HD. If they are...make it 5 for 5!

Now I am really getting jealous. DTV has now launched WPIX and WWOR in HD for the NYC DMA.

How long till us Dish people see that?

Need to keep an eye on these 2 networks anyway. Word is that they are having financial problems.

Note that WPIX (CW11) HD now shows up as "Uplinked on" 61.5. Currently is Not Available. It looks to be in Spotbeam not Conus.

Actually I wouuld be MORE interested in WPIX and WWOR if their respective networks folded and they became independents again.

As for DISH carrying them in HD as part of the supers I would not hold my breath. I suspect that if they did that the local CW and MyNetwork affiliates shown in SD would be more likely to demand syndex exclusivity. But I suspect that sometime soon someone will claim that the digital versions are not superstations---I believe they are but that viewpoint dies hard.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Hopefully we will get these two sooner rather then later. The picture quality on the CW11 is okay but MY9 looks horrible. Baseball games from the early 80s airing on ESPN Classic look better then any Yankee game on My9.

Note that WPIX (CW11) HD now shows up as "Uplinked on" 61.5. Currently is Not Available. It looks to be in Spotbeam not Conus.

Now I just found out that WPIX has just joined the ranks of WABC, WCBS and WNBC by starting to do NYC local news in HD. Come Dish and at least flip the switch on that one already.

WPIX in HD going live

Finally WPIX-DT, the CW11 for New York City goes live in HD on 6/11/08.

This is for NYC LiL folks only. Sorry. It will not be available as a superstation yet.

Finally WPIX-DT, the CW11 for New York City goes live in HD on 6/11/08.

This is for NYC LiL folks only. Sorry. It will not be available as a superstation yet.

According to some they never will.

Never is a long time. Someday all the Superstations should be in HD but you can't even use the word "soon" on this happening. Never say never.

I was kidding. According to some the digital versions of the superstatuions don't count as superstations and they calim that the five superstations will be no more come next February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)