Cycling fans: no daily Giro d' Italia except on RAI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Prior to the NBC-Comcast (Kabletown, if you are a 30 Rock fan) merger/purchase/reorganization, one could access Universal Sports Network OTA, and get to watch the Giro d' Italia daily, at least a couple of hours' worth. Now, with everything being funneled through NBCSports, this year we will only get Sunday summary programs.

But, there is an option, at $10/month. RAI, the Italian network on DISH International (a la carte), airs the entirety of each daily stage, notwithstanding the narration in Italian. There is, of course, the $5 fee at the end of the month to remove it, but I have done this multiple times in the past and find it quite enjoyable. There is minimal commercial interruption. And, it is the originating telecast for what NBCSports transmits here.

Not quite totally true. US 402 will be carrying either a 2 hour or 1.5 hour show in the Giro starting Sat. You need to get the Multi-Sports package at $9/mo to get US.

402 USN free preview ended Wednesday. If it was carried in HD, I'd consider coughing up for the $9 sports package to get it. It sucks that cycling fans have to pay $10 for Versus (AT200->AT250) and $9 for Universal for two commercial NBC channels.

There was a post from a person who works for US. He said that the feed is HD. Dish is just not feeding us full HD. If you look at 402, you will see that the picture is in HD aspect, just not full screen. The PQ is also hd, not sd AFAIK.

bgee said:
402 USN free preview ended Wednesday. If it was carried in HD, I'd consider coughing up for the $9 sports package to get it. It sucks that cycling fans have to pay $10 for Versus (AT200->AT250) and $9 for Universal for two commercial NBC channels.
10 bucks for at200. Us cheap Latino Dos people it is much more. If Versus were to slip in the Multisport pack, I would consider it, even if the pack jumped up a few more bucks.

I don't even know if you can pay to stream the TDF these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts