*D mpeg4 ch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At this point, all spotbeamed HD (locals and RSNs except for DNS NYC and LA locals on channels in the 80s). Some RSNs get rebroadcasted on MPEG2 national channels, however.

FSN Northwest?

At this point, all spotbeamed HD (locals and RSNs except for DNS NYC and LA locals on channels in the 80s). Some RSNs get rebroadcasted on MPEG2 national channels, however.

Hmm would this include FSN Northwest? MPEG4? If so, the Mariners games look great to me.

Hmm would this include FSN Northwest? MPEG4? If so, the Mariners games look great to me.

If it is on channel 95, then it is mpeg2. All other channels are mpeg4, I believe.

Okay thanks. I never realized that ch651 FSN Northwest was always SD lol. I am quite new to US satellite I guess there are still some things I need to learn. :p

Channel 4,5,7,and 13 Are you local HD,If this is right ,they these are your MPEG 4 channels. only LA and NY have MPEG2 local HD,and I think New York now is Mpeg 4 also. Not sure about LA. And Channel 651 is your local RSN.The Mariners games look to be the only games in HD.

Yes but Mariners games are on Channel95 in HD. Channel 651 is SD.

Thanks for the information on MPEG4.

Did you check in your Favorites section on your receiver,,(Where you can edit your channels) to see if you have 2 channel 651's . In my receiver I have 2 -622 and 2 -625 one for HD and one for SD.Alot of times a person would never know they had them.

Did you check in your Favorites section on your receiver,,(Where you can edit your channels) to see if you have 2 channel 651's . In my receiver I have 2 -622 and 2 -625 one for HD and one for SD.Alot of times a person would never know they had them.

Yep I have Channel 650/651 but never anything showing on Channel 650. I always wonder why it's even there???

Thanks

I think 95 can be Mpeg4 also because someone was able to watch the Reds game on there while I couldn't and we determined that it was because it was Mpeg4. He had all the new equipment and I have the Hr10-250.

Mariners games in HD (mostly home games but I have seen a few others) are on channel 96 (MPEG4). Sometimes they will also be shown on 95 in MPEG2 (but may only be available to those with Extra Innings subscriptions other than in the team's areas).

I think 95 can be Mpeg4 also because someone was able to watch the Reds game on there while I couldn't and we determined that it was because it was Mpeg4. He had all the new equipment and I have the Hr10-250.

No, it most likely was a blackout issues.

Channels 94 and 95 are MPEG2 and provided for those that don't have new receivers.

Channels 96 and 97 will be your RSN in HD (if available) for games only and are in MPEG4.

There are a few RSNs that are full time in HD such as Comcast Chicago, YES and SNY and those are found on the same channel numbers as the SD versions, make sure your channel list has the HD version in it to see it. Of course those are only available in those markets.

No, it most likely was a blackout issues.

Channels 94 and 95 are MPEG2 and provided for those that don't have new receivers.

Channels 96 and 97 will be your RSN in HD (if available) for games only and are in MPEG4.

There are a few RSNs that are full time in HD such as Comcast Chicago, YES and SNY and those are found on the same channel numbers as the SD versions, make sure your channel list has the HD version in it to see it. Of course those are only available in those markets.

I shouldn't be blacked out from my own local RSN.

I shouldn't be blacked out from my own local RSN.

True. I didn't see your original thread on this so I don't know the situation but the most common reason for a blackout of a game on 95 is that the feed used for the game was from the other teams RSN. Thus while the game was on your RSN the feed was from another.

Could also be you're caught in one of those crazy MLB blackout areas or something.

And it could just plain be a mistake on the part of DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)