D* On Demand offers HD Now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrsdrgn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Since D* introduced it's On Demand I have searched over and over for the HD and now it's finally here. D* On Demand offers HD movies that you can download. Check it out E* customers. Oops, I meant D* customers. I forgot that E* customers are at the mercy of Chalie and his moods.

Movies would suggest they have more than 1. It's still Evan Almighty for $4.99 or nothing. Encouraging, but not exactly breathtaking.

Well so far the VoDHD for DTV its something, may be few years away to get to where cable is at right now.
Don't like the whole Idea of DL'ing the movies, but at least its something.

Well so far the VoDHD for DTV its something, may be few years away to get to where cable is at right now.
Don't like the whole Idea of DL'ing the movies, but at least its something.

That is exactley right. At least it shows that D* is moving forward with HD.

Most cable companies that had VoD for years and years they haven't added a single HD show on VoD, so thats huge for DTV.

BTW, VoD on cable the only thing I saw on HD was the Justin Timberlake MSG concert presented by HBO, that is all.

Considering that right now is still in the Beta version that is pretty good. Buy the way tomorrow is a New Year. Maybe D* will surprise us and turn on some HD on demand.

I love Howard TV, I use to have it, but I lost that channel when I moved to DTV...
O well, I hope DTV in the near future has real time VoD, that means without people needing to download.
I know this may be virtually impossible, since there is no hard line coming from the sat to your home sat..unlike cable, but thats something DTV's engineers may be able to make in the next few years.

Just hope your internet provider doesn't have bandwidth caps when D* starts doing more VOD in HD. I still have a problem with them using someone else's infrastructure to deliver their content.

Just hope your internet provider doesn't have bandwidth caps when D* starts doing more VOD in HD. I still have a problem with them using someone else's infrastructure to deliver their content.

No there not.
Get your terms correct. DoD is not a bit client or VOIP service that uses HSI to work . DoD is no different that using your computer to download a movie from someone else site/server.

How long does it take to be able to actually watch it? And is there some kind of 24 hour viewing period or can you keep it on your dvr as long as you want?

I just wish it wasn't a PPV movie. Hopefully we'll be able to get some that we don't have to pay extra for.

How long does it take to be able to actually watch it? And is there some kind of 24 hour viewing period or can you keep it on your dvr as long as you want?

Depends. I have FIOS now so I can pretty much watch after 5 mins.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts