D* policy on roof installs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Anyone know what the official (and unofficial) rules are for installing a dish on roofs, i.e. is it allowed / disallowed / only as a last resort ? If it's done, do they only allow them over non-living space, i.e. eaves, porch/garage roofs, etc ?

Anyone know what the official (and unofficial) rules are for installing a dish on roofs, i.e. is it allowed / disallowed / only as a last resort ? If it's done, do they only allow them over non-living space, i.e. eaves, porch/garage roofs, etc ?

The unofficial policy is the dish can go wherever the installer wants to or is willing to put it.

The official roof policy varies based on which hsp services your area. For mastec we can put a dish on a roof but must stay on the ladder. So the dish pretty much only goes on the edge of the roof. If it must be placed at the peak for Los reasons we "must" call our supervisor to come "assess" the situation. If he approves then the tech or sup based on severity of the incline of the roof (which must be less than 7/12) must have the cm sigh off on a waiver to have a harness mount permanently attached to the roof and the tech will then wear a 5 point fall protection harness.

I'm not saying this happens all the time but you asked for the "official" roof policy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts