"D" Ranked #1.............

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
DIRECTV Ranked Number One Over Cable By Professional Home Theater Installers Nationwide
National Survey Shows Professional Home Theater Installers Chose DIRECTV for Best Picture Quality over Cable by a Four to One Margin
PrintE-mailDisable live quotesRSSDigg itDel.icio.us

Last Update: 3:37 PM ET Mar 13, 2007

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Mar 13, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Professional installers have weighed in on the great debate over who has the best TV service - DIRECTV, America's No. 1 satellite television service, or cable. And the winner is...DIRECTV!
In December 2006, a large group of professional home theater installers across the country were surveyed by a prominent independent research company to see which television service they preferred, DIRECTV or cable? In an overwhelming response, DIRECTV was chosen over cable in every category, including:
-- Best Picture Quality - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a four to one margin for having the best Picture Quality.
-- For The Best Overall Television Experience - By a two to one margin, installers chose DIRECTV over Cable for having the best Overall Television Experience.
-- Best Home Theater Experience on a High-Definition System - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a three to one margin for providing the best Home Theater Experience on a High-Definition System.
-- Best Overall Picture Quality On A High-Definition System - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by more than a two to one margin for best Overall Picture Quality on a High-Definition System.
-- Best Home Theater Experience - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a three to one margin for providing the best Home Theater Experience.
"We're honored that professional home-theatre installers -- the ultimate authority in home entertainment -- voted DIRECTV's picture quality to be the best in the business," said Paul Guyardo, executive vice president of Sales and Marketing for DIRECTV, Inc. "With millions of new HD televisions being purchased each year, it's important that consumers understand that the television alone will not provide the crystal-clear picture quality they're looking for. It's what you plug into the back of that new TV that ultimately determines the quality of the picture and sound you actually experience - and an objective team of professional installers confirmed that for the best picture and performance, you've got to hook up your TV to DIRECTV."
Phone interviews were conducted by the Alliance Consulting Group with 500 professional home theater installers nationwide. Each interview was conducted using a method, which required that neither the interviewers nor the respondents were aware of on whose behalf the study was being conducted.

thats the problem, Directv or cable...this isnt really fair...what cable company, what area, who was conducting the survey...too many variables in my opinion!

Directv Number 1 for HD

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070313/20070313006049.html?.v=1

DIRECTV Ranked Number One Over Cable By Professional Home Theater Installers Nationwide
Tuesday March 13, 3:36 pm ET
National Survey Shows Professional Home Theater Installers Chose DIRECTV for Best Picture Quality over Cable by a Four to One Margin

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Professional installers have weighed in on the great debate over who has the best TV service - DIRECTV, America's No. 1 satellite television service, or cable. And the winner is...DIRECTV!
In December 2006, a large group of professional home theater installers across the country were surveyed by a prominent independent research company to see which television service they preferred, DIRECTV or cable? In an overwhelming response, DIRECTV was chosen over cable in every category, including:

Best Picture Quality - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a four to one margin for having the best Picture Quality.
For The Best Overall Television Experience - By a two to one margin, installers chose DIRECTV over Cable for having the best Overall Television Experience.
Best Home Theater Experience on a High-Definition System - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a three to one margin for providing the best Home Theater Experience on a High-Definition System.
Best Overall Picture Quality On A High-Definition System - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by more than a two to one margin for best Overall Picture Quality on a High-Definition System.
Best Home Theater Experience - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a three to one margin for providing the best Home Theater Experience.

Best Picture Quality - Installers surveyed chose DIRECTV over Cable by a four to one margin for having the best Picture Quality.
SD /HD.. What company? where is the comparison? This means nothing.

"Phone interviews were conducted by the Alliance Consulting Group with 500 professional home theater installers nationwide. Each interview was conducted using a method, which required that neither the interviewers nor the respondents were aware of on whose behalf the study was being conducted."

Nationwide baby! D* kicked Cables butt from Maine to California. :D

Yes Dish was invisible because this survey obviously was only taking into consideration the major players in AV providers :p

The E* shills crack me up.

Some guy writes some junk article about D*vs Cable and the E* pundits run to their swords faster than ...faster than...hmmm faster than Batman and Robyn reacting to the Bat Signal!

"Oh no boy wonder someone out there complimented Directv Golly Gee Batman we better do something before people read it" ZAP BAMN ZOINKS the caped crusaders jump into action...:p :p :p :p

Correct, and if the story had been reversed, they would be running up every flag pole and mountain top to show people how there is professional proof of why they bash DirecTV . It has gotten utterly comical at this point.

Last edited:
Charper, I think we all know why.

There is a D* tidal wave coming. You for one have staunchly been a proponent giving D* the time to implement their overall HD strategy.

I think we are just beginning to see the fruits of D*'s plan. RSN's in HD, MLB EI, package, additional national HD channels (NGHD) being added.

This might be a very very interesting year for D*.

Well I have always lived & worked by thinking past the first 6mos, year, etc. You have to think, you can't always jump from job to job, relationship to relationship, product to product. That causes much more headaches and heartaches and cost way more money in the long run. So applying that logic to the unimportant world of DBS & cable, where the differences between them are hardly worth the time of day, the bitching and griping seems to be more of a vendetta type thing; an "I'll show you" mentality. Its just silly; with all the one-sidedness, lopsided reporting and twisted information, even ignored information; and it happens from both camps.

To that point, even if/when DirecTV rolls all this out and adds the two newest birds, I still won't be bashing Dish and cable; there is just ZERO point to the entire discussion in reality, and comes off as childish to a degree. IMHO

Ofcouse I wont bash E*. Heck a member here inquired about NESN HD for E* in a pm.

I told him although I had posted in a E* forum I was a d* sub. Told him to hang in there with E* because Im sure E* will add it soon.

The way I look at it is this.the technology is new and each company is taking different paths..but both will probably end up in the same place offering the same things.

Ofcouse I wont bash E*. Heck a member here inquired about NESN HD for E* in a pm.

I told him although I had posted in a E* forum I was a d* sub. Told him to hang in there with E* because Im sure E* will add it soon.

The way I look at it is this.the technology is new and each company is taking different paths..but both will probably end up in the same place offering the same things.

All I do is speak the Truth.If they consider that bashing it's not my fault that E* sux!.:rolleyes:

LOL... Wonder what cable company?

Easily in my area Cox cable wins over E* and D* hands down. No one can touch their full resolution only 2 HD channels per 40mbps QAM256 carrier.

It's called marketing and once again D* lies about it.

"Phone interviews were conducted by the Alliance Consulting Group with 500 professional home theater installers nationwide. Each interview was conducted using a method, which required that neither the interviewers nor the respondents were aware of on whose behalf the study was being conducted."

Nationwide baby! D* kicked Cables butt from Maine to California. :D

Yes Dish was invisible because this survey obviously was only taking into consideration the major players in AV providers :p

The E* shills crack me up.

Some guy writes some junk article about D*vs Cable and the E* pundits run to their swords faster than ...faster than...hmmm faster than Batman and Robyn reacting to the Bat Signal!

"Oh no boy wonder someone out there complimented Directv Golly Gee Batman we better do something before people read it" ZAP BAMN ZOINKS the caped crusaders jump into action...:p :p :p :p

As someone who has had both D* and E*, my opinion is that E* has a slightly better HD picture. D*'s same channels, what few they have, seem softer in many cases. However, I have had more lip sync issues since moving to E* than I ever had with D*. Bottom line, both have their issues.

Charper, I think we all know why.

There is a D* tidal wave coming. You for one have staunchly been a proponent giving D* the time to implement their overall HD strategy.

I think we are just beginning to see the fruits of D*'s plan. RSN's in HD, MLB EI, package, additional national HD channels (NGHD) being added.

This might be a very very interesting year for D*.

Definately going to be an interesting year for D*.That's why you have all the E* shills coming out together.They can see the writing on the wall trying to put down
D* even before their plans go into effect.Well I guess there is one bright side for them.:rolleyes:

Just look at all the profit that E* made!!.:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)